Progress is made.

nanajayneApril 12, 2012

I am feeling good today with the knowledge that I have finished quilting the 140 blockes of my Sylvia's Bridal Quilt. Ofcourse there is a lot to do yet but those blocks have been a challenge. Now to sew between the rows and hand quilt the border. We are vacationing at the end of the month and hope to be able to do the border then. I am giving it to my DD for her 60th BD in July and will be glad to say goodbye to Sylvia.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

What a wonderful milestone!! Can't wait to see it all finished in it's glory!!

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 4:08PM
nannykins

Oh wow! An awesome job!
Theresa

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 4:25PM
rosajoe_gw

I would have a hard time giving the beauty away! Unless it was to my mom and one sister who puts them in the closet and only brings them out to show them off lol!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing it completed too!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 4:30PM
msmeow

Sounds great, Jayne! I know this has been a long term project for you. Don't forget pictures!

Donna

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 4:39PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Wowzers, Jayne! You must feel like a load has been lifted and you can stand up straight again. ConGratz!!!!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 5:51PM
tuppermom

Congratulations Jayne! I have about 45 blocks done on mine and feel that it will always be a work in progress. Can't wait to see pictures!

Mary

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 6:49PM
magothyrivergirl

Yay Jayne! Please post a picture of your progress. I saw a label on the internet today that stated the Date of the first stitch & the Date of the last stitch...... it was very touching how long this person worked on her quilt, which was a gift. You should indicate this for your daughter! And, she is incredibly lucky to receive a beautiful quilt for her 60th birthday made by her Mom~~~I'm jealous - in a good way for her :~)
Have a great vacation.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 8:34PM
nanajayne

Thanks everyone for celebrating with me. I started the quilting Jan. 5th and hoped to finish the blocks by my BD May 4th. (Wanted to make sure that part was finished before I had to renew the contract)lol. So I am a bit a head of schedule. There is still lots to do but that was the most difficult because the blocks are so small and have some very thick areas to deal with. I broke 6 needles along the way trying to push them thru.
Marsha I like the idea for dating but not sure when I began piecing the blocks but I got the book last year for my BD.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 11:43PM
tuppermom

If you do a search of "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" at the bottom of the Quilting Forum page, you could probably figure out a date pretty close to when you started.

Mary

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 12:15AM
lafonda_ranch

That is awesome!! I'm sure you dd will love such a work of art. I am curious, did you quilt each square with a different pattern, like to echo the pattern of each block? I'm asking because I'm thinking ahead on my Dear Jane quilt and wondering how I am going to quilt it when I ever get to that point! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures, too :-)

Robbi

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:19AM
K8Orlando

Jayne,
I first read about you doing SBS when you posted in Sept 2010 that you had about 40 blocks done. I didn't know anything about the quilt at that time and looked it up. I was overwhelmed with the size of the project!!! Congrats on getting all 140 done! Like everyone else, I can hardly wait to see it!

Kate

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:30AM
magothyrivergirl

Dec 4, 2009 ~ read the beginning. I think you started it right after that.

Definitely date the The First Stitch! And the last Stitch!

I will try to find that label I saw for you.

I am so happy for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: SBQ Discussion

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:35AM
magothyrivergirl

To keep this all together - the link below is the pic of Jayne's Sylvia's Bridal Quilt when she finished piecing the top.
I am so proud of her!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jayne's SBQ Pic

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:58AM
barbara_l

Oh my gosh! How beautiful is that?
You can really be proud of this piece of quilting art.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
2010 Birthday blocks together.
Haven't posted much lately as I had pneumonia from...
nanajayne
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™