Quilt in a Day tv show

quiltingfoxApril 3, 2013

My F-I-L happened across a quilt show on tv and told me about. I watched it today. It is "Quilt in a Day" hosted by Eleanor Burns on RFDTV, if you have DISH it is channel 231. I really enjoyed watching her show and will be recording more of them in the future. They also mentioned 2 web links related to the show which I will post below. Has any one else been watching her show?

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilt in a Day tv show

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltingfox

Here is the other web link.

Best to you,
Sandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Eleanor Burns website

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 3:40PM
nanajayne

We have been getting her show off and on for sometime. It now is posted on Sat. and I tape them. Georgia Bonesteal also broadcasts her show once a week now but they are all repeats. I always enjoy watching them even if I have seen them before..

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 3:54PM
minnie_tx

I've watched both of them for years and taped many shows I didn't know they were back on thanks I'll check out the links

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 8:21PM
new2quilting

I tape Quilt in a Day, Fons And Porters' Love of Quilting, and Quilting Arts, which is a modern quilting show. I'm enjoying Quilting Arts and learning about modern techniques, but also find the traditional quilting history is interesting, too. Sewing with Nancy also has quilting sometimes.

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 8:38PM
nanajayne

We have started to get Quilting Arts but I find that it is hardly worth my time. Also get Sewing with Nancy. Been watching her off and on for years. Worth while..

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 10:07PM
coosavalleyquilter

I've watched QIAD for years, but would like to know if Georgia Bonesteel's show is available in my area. Any info would be appreciated.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 5:25AM
quiltingfox

Nanajayne what is the name of Georgia Bonesteal's show and what channel is on, do you know what day(s) of the week and times it comes on? New2quilting when do the quilt shows you watch come on tv and what channels are they on? I would love to watch more quilting shows.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
Sandra

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 1:41PM
nanajayne

I am not sure of the name. I always thing of it as Georgia Bonesteel's show. It is on our Public Broadcasting network. and as they are local not sure they would be the same as yours. My DH records the shows for me but I think they are broad cast around 6am and noon. We don't use cable so don't have that info. The PBS alternates the quilting shows in the morning and have shows Sat afternoon about 3 I think.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 5:01PM
minnie_tx

I think Georgia has always been on PBS staions watched her for about 25 years HGTV used to have good sewing and quilt shows I say USED too.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 5:17PM
rosajoe_gw

When we lived in Central Florida I had about 4 shows to watch. Retired and moved to rural Georgia (where you would think there would more interest) they only had old QIAD and they played them over and over......

I paid more to get in a package that aired them, and then they were dropped! I'll have to check to see what we have now.
Rosa

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 5:42PM
bee0hio

The PBS station I watch has Fons & Porter on every day@ noonish,also Sewing w/ Nancy, and a new one I've been catching It's Sew Easy.... It isn't totally quilting but other sewing related with lots of good ideas and tips etc.
this is one of those "extra" PBS stations. Sooo check your PBS feed & perhaps do a search. It's Sew Easy has there tv shows online available too i think.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's Sew Easy

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 6:20PM
minnie_tx

thanks for posting that link

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 12:07AM
bev2009

I did a quick google on Georgia Bonesteal and found her show is called Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteal. She is on Create and PBS. You can search the Create website for your zip and find her schedule. The same for your local PBS. I'll try and catch it tomorrow at 11 am. I've never seen her.

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 10:26PM
quiltingfox

Thank you all for sharing the info on the quilt shows you watch. My brother emailed me about Sewing with Nancy and a second embroidery type show that comes on LPB - my local PBS I think on Saturday and there is another that comes on Mondays around 9am, but I missed that one today. It is nice to know that there are so many quilting shows on tv and online, they may be reruns, but they are new to me as I have not seen them. Thank you all.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 10:35PM
More Discussions
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
a question regarding binding
I know. I'm just full of questions. I want to make...
donna_loomis
Latest for my neighbor
Made this for my good neighbor who keeps our driveway...
nanajayne
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Sponsored Products
Queen Chenille Comforter 92" x 96" - FRENCH VANILLA (92X96)
$695.00 | Horchow
Altra Zebra 3-bin Storage End Table
Overstock.com
American Traditions Morning Stripe King Quilt with Two shams
$99.99 | Bellacor
Avion Series II Quad Media Cabinet by BDI
$2,149.00 | Lumens
Luxe Tile Giclee Glow Bronze Club Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: FANMATS Rugs University of Idaho 5 ft. x
Home Depot
Blue Rochelle Swivel Armless Bar Stool