Oakley - lampshade in painted furniture thread?

JamieMay 9, 2013

Oakley, You show a spray painted table in front of another table with a brass-looking lamp on it. The lamp has a shade that is - maybe - crewel or painted. Can you tell me where to get shades like this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Oh, that is a pretty lampshade! It's not your everyday shade, that's for sure. Here's a close-up of it and, to my eye, looks like it has crewelwork on it. Oakley, did you do that??

    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I checked eBay and found just a few, but the ones that are there are very pretty. There is a fairly new seller called 'crewelfabricworld' out of GA who has the ones I like, and the shipping is FREE. If they don't show a size you need, maybe email them to ask if they have others available?

Pottery Barn used to have a pretty one, but it's out of stock.

Joann Fabric (and I'm sure other places) sell make your own lamp shades that have a sticky surface for you to mount paper or fabric to. That may be an option to get something really custom for your lamp.

Here is a link that might be useful: crewel lampshades

    Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 5:39PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
Am I looking for a soft buttery yellow or a soft buttery white?
I've the itch to paint my living area a soft yellow...something...
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the http://www.the-furniture-store.com...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Need help picking out colors for my bedroom
Here is a picture of my very bare room. The vision...
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™