River Rok pool plaster

shellsbuttAugust 2, 2011

Hello, I just have a quick question regarding the plastering of pools. We are supposed to get our pool plastered tomorrow in the Lagoon color- River Rok. I have read so much on these forums, so I was surprised when our pool builder said we would not need an acid wash the day after to expose the aggregate. This worries me and I know I'm being paranoid, but there has been so many screw-ups on this pool of ours( I won't bore you with the details). Can someone explain the pool plaster process? Do you need an acid wash? The pool builder explained to my husband that he would trowel off the excess to expose the rock? Please set my mind at ease!

Thanks,

Shelley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cnr1089

They did not "acid wash" our River Rok, they washed it down with some non acid soapy stuff. Everything looked good afterwards (and still does).

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 2:51PM
goyom

Install manual anyone ?

sgm.cc/download/installationmanual-RiverRok.pdf

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 7:32PM
vinlor

I am getting river rok put in my pool..can anyone post some pool pictures different colors We are trying to decide between Baha sand and harbor grey

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 2:54PM
cnr1089

Here is my pool, which is Baha Sand

You will notice a few things. One, the color is different depending on the light (in fact, both these pictures show the water much greener then it is normally). The water color can be less green, but generally it is greener then we expected. Of course, a lot of how it turns out his how it is mixed (I don't think it is a straight color, so the apply can influence the color) and the surroundings (trees, etc).

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
Spa motor capacitor
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
pugmark
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™