Help with Pebble Sheen, Aqua Blue or Caribbean NW Houston

Cypress3August 15, 2012

I have to pick my color of Pebble Sheen and I want to see the color in a real pool before I decide. Can anyone let me see their pool with either Aqua Blue or Caribbean Blue? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
natural_one

Real Pebble Technologies products (as in the name brand and not a knock off) offer Pebble SHEEN in Aqua Blue and Pebble TEC in Caribbean Blue.

If a builder or installer is calling these both sheen they may be using a knock off brand that has those names as the same size aggregate.

Tec is much larger stone than sheen, causing tec to be more abrasive. I do 80 sheen pools for every 1 tec job.

Of the two colors you list, AQUA blue will yield a much brighter blue water color than Caribbean.

I can email you Aqua Blue photos is PebbleTec's website doesn't help you enough.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 6:59PM
karen4235

i'm also picking out my interior color.

would also love to know if Blue Granite vs Aqua Blue.

Which has a darker blue tone?

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 3:01PM
natural_one

Karen,

Of those two Blue Granite will yield a darker blue, as it has darker stone in it including black. Aqua Blue will definitely be a brighter blue when the water is balanced correctly.

Your builder or applicator should have a color chart that Pebble Technologies puts out. (also on their website, but better with the tangible flip chart).

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 4:24PM
womanowned

Natural One: I didn't think those colors were available in both Tec & Sheen, but it turns out they are now. An authorized PebbleTec installer (MMG) is doing the work

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:30AM
natural_one

Womanowned,

Im confused.... are you saying that an authorized PebbleTec and PebbleSheen installer is offering Aqua Blue SHEEN and Caribbean Blue SHEEN?

This is not consistent with their website, marketing materials, or a meeting I had with them last week here in their headquarter state.

Caribbean Blue is a pebbleTEC color, not sheen.

If they are offering both of those colors and calling them both real SHEEN mfg'd by Pebble Technologies, I would be leery and question it.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 1:19PM
Cypress3

I was told by the main Pebble Tec / Sheen installer in Houston that Caribbean Blue comes as either a Tec or Sheen finish even though it is not shown in the Pebble Sheen literature. After driving my family and Pool Builder crazy with my inability to select my Pebble Sheen I settled on Blue Granite with Shells, which was installed today. I can't wait to see it with the water in after the acid wash.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 7:08PM
bpricedo

Show us pics, we'd love to se it!

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 7:23PM
womanowned

Natural one - yep, that's what I have been told by Modern Method Gunite, an authorized dealer/applicator of Pebble Tec technologies in Houston. As I said, I wasn't aware of this change either. Now I know

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 10:03PM
natural_one

I just got confirmation from a Pebble Technologies rep that Caribbean Blue is NOT a sheen color and is ONLY a tec color. Again, Id question it.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 3:29PM
womanowned

Don't know what to tell you fella. Call Modern Method Gunite

Bookmark   August 29, 2012 at 7:10PM
natural_one

I don't really care that much, I just find it interesting that our installers stick to what the corporation themselves claims to be true colors, but because some installer claims it then it's considered truth.

PebbleTec themselves is saying it's not legitimate- doesn't that mean anything to anybody?

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 6:40PM
niblickchick

So..... back to the original question :)
I'm looking at Aqua Blue and Caribbean Blue, too. Anybody have pictures to share? In both sun & shade, please?

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 10:57PM
Cypress3

Here is blue granite with shells.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:04PM
Cypress3

Finished pool.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:09PM
niblickchick

Thank you, Cypress3! That is one beautiful pool.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 10:00PM
Bennett2012

Here is our pool which is Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue. The pool was just completed 2 weeks ago. We are really pleased with the color. Hope this helps!

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™