Hot Tub Room

dreambuilderMarch 20, 2013

I have an upcoming home inspection on this house featured in the picture. Should I call in a hot tub service person or rely on the home inspector? This hot tub is dropped into a floor in a sunroom making it extremely difficult to get out if something goes wrong with it. Also, looking for ways to make it look more updated--should I sand the cedar walls and stain darker?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trilobite

I can't answer which inspector to get, but for updating, I think I'd stick to accessories and make it look "spa like". Despite how convenient it probably is, I'd make the shelves/tv/boombox disappear somewhere. Hang some white fluffly towels. Swap out the plastic chair for a wooden bath stool. Also, there's bamboo bath mats and ones made of pebbles, I think that's the vibe to go for.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 8:42AM
live_wire_oak

Most people would use it's presence as a negotiating tactic for money off because most wouldn't consider it a plus at all. They are huge energy hogs and the moisture issues they create also aren't great for a home. Unless you really really love it, and would buy it for the house if it lacked it, plan on ripping it out. An ad on craigslist and it's gone. No problem.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 10:13AM
word_doc

Ah! An area in which I have extensive experience, yay.

Ok, first order of business: how do we access the under surface of our tub, and what is underneath the tub?

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 12:15PM
linda117117

Home inspectors don't inspect hot tubs. You will need someone who knows hot tubs.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
Preparing to list starter home w/o dishwasher etc.: how big a problem?
When I bought it and redid the kitchen, I replaced...
gramarows
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
can he evict us?.
almost a year ago me and my girlfriend and her 5 yr...
Joseph Gonser
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
Home sellers: Terrible experience with realtors?
Hi there, I'm getting ready to sell my house and need...
dollhausimaginations
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™