Pay Expert for Pool Contract Review and determine options?

JenniferNEAugust 9, 2012

I love this website/forums, but it is a lot to digest. It's exciting to build your dream pool, but overwhelming when trying to determine the best construction and options, even after reading this site for hours. I want to make the best decisions up front. Does anyone know of someone that is a pool expert that would be willing to review a pool contract and discuss options for a fee? Even a reputable PB that is out of state and has no vested interest. It would be nice to have an unbiased opinion as the PBs here obviously want to "sell me" or "do what they are most comfortable with". Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robiff

JenniferNE:

I can give you an unbiased opinion as I am currently living outside of the U.S. Email me. mr.robiff@gmail.com
I have built pools for clients in Northern California.

-R

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 2:46AM
Backyard_vacation

I had the same need because my pool project was very complicated and I received different "expert" opinions from each pool contractor. You are absolutely right that many PBs often recommend what they are used to doing. That is best for them but probably not what is best for you. I was fortunate to find a true expert but it took me a lot of time searching on line to find one who i thought really was the expert for me.. If you search on epoolscapes, you will see what i mean. Mike is located over 400 miles away from me but was able to do everything I needed with pictures, measurements and papers that I emailed to him. At first I thought his fees were high but it turned out to be worth far more than i paid and I wound up with a much better end result. The pool contractor I used was kept on his toes because I was enabled to be an expert consumer. If I ever move to a different house and am going to do another pool, i would use him for even more than I did this time.

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 5:41PM
JenniferNE

Thank you! I see he is out of California. I will give him a call

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™