Door/window treatment dilemma

Sueb20May 14, 2012

In the master bedroom at our beach cottage (recently renovated), we have a door to a small deck. I can't seem to figure out what to do with the window on the door. It is directly opposite the bathroom so I feel a bit "on display" if I happen to brush my teeth with the door open, or just come out not-quite-dressed. The house is in a regular neighborhood with a house right across the street in full view of this door. So I need Something, really only for nighttime privacy.

The other windows in the room have woven wood blinds. I wasn't sold on the idea of putting them on this door, so it has remained naked for two years. I don't want to use window film because I do want to be able to see through the window during the day. WWYD? I'm sure there's an obvious choice that I'm not thinking of.

Not a great pic, but you can see the door here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Perhaps these will solve your dilemma...have never seen them or used them, but the idea sounds good.

Here is a link that might be useful: ODL blinds

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 10:02AM
palimpsest

Why werent' you sold on the wooden blinds? That seems like a good option?

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 10:27AM
Sueb20

Pal, I dunno, at the time I guess I was thinking the blinds would be banging around on the door when we opened it or something... and at the time, now that I am remembering, I think we thought we didn't need anything on that door. I was wrong!

Anyway, I actually placed a call to the same dealer we bought those blinds from, and I am getting the same woven woods for the door. We had one more room that needed blinds, so is a good excuse to get them all done at once.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 7:42PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes they can bang around when you open the door unless you leave them down with a bracket attached.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 8:31PM
emagineer

Annie, I have been seeing the inset windows with blinds on a lot of sites and really like the idea. Specifically for sliding glass doors. The site you listed is a bit more expensive than I've ran across. Not sure of the difference in construction buying from other places.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
What is a McMansion? Tell Us In 25 Words or Less
Everybody seems to have his or her own definition of...
kswl2
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
Lighting suggestions for extremely dark kitchen
My first post since site has moved, although I've been...
peacamp
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™