Mosaics & Pool Finishes

durango118August 21, 2012

Hi everyone

Just signed our contract two weeks ago, waiting on the HOA approval and permits and such. Been looking at some mosaic tiles for the sun shelf and possibly some of the seating areas. Our builder doesn't carry them but suggests I just tell him what I like and he can probably get them at a discount. I'm in Vegas so if anyone can recommend a good place for some fun mosaic tiles, (I like the starfish, crabs, nemos and stuff like that)it would be much appreciated. If you don't know of a place, perhaps you can recommend a website I can go to.

As far as pool finishes we decided to go with Quartz Scape. But now I'm reading that that may not have been a good choice. Just not sure. I hear that 3M dropped that line several years ago. And also since it's not pre-mixed mottling can be an issue. I'm sure at this point we can change our minds. Any information or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

NPT, aka National Pool Tile, has mosaics. Another option is to Google "Pool mosaics" to find more options.

Quartz Scapes are now known as Color Quartz Crystals and are added on site. They don't cause mottling (that's a set of separate potential issues) but there can be some variations when mixing more than one batch of plaster and or different lot numbers. It's still better than plain plaster and if it gives you the color you want, there is nothing wrong with it when used correctly by an experienced crew.

Scott

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™