AquaPure 1400 salt system

jsweimerAugust 25, 2010

My salt system is not producing any chlorine. The Ph level is good. I am getting error codes 172 & 186, which seem to point to the sensor.

The cell is clean, and I scrubbed the sensor.

These parts are very expensive to replace, and I hate to just guess. Is there any way to have a cell tested?

Also, I have a nasty algae bloom. Would I hurt anything by putting in some chlorine tabs until I can figure out a solution?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thejimbar

You'll have to break down and buy a new sensor, that's likely the issue. If your cell is over 4 or 5 years old, it may make sense to buy the cell and sensor combo, as they have discontinued the 1400 older design. Our old cell just crapped out after 4 years. 4-5 is the life cycle. The new design has to be replumbed, but if you are handy, it's easy PVC plumbing....About $800 for the replacement cell /sensor on the internet...

Yes, shock the pool, and get some algae control in there. We use a bag or 2 of shock every once in a while after the pool gets a heavy kid use. You are going to need to shock the water to get the chlorine level up anyway before you re-start the salt system to give it a jump start.

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 6:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chris_r11

that is coincidental. My Aquapure 1400 just did the same thing. I am getting error 172/186. This will be the 3rd time in 3 years that it has died on me. Last time was the same error. Time before was the board.

This is getting tiring.
Chris

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 1:04PM
More Discussions
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
Exceptional Pool Builders who build in Cleveland, OH area?
My wife and I are beginning the design stage of our...
jc_ufl
AquaShield pool enclosure
I have AquaShield pool enclosure for less than two...
aquashield2
Owner Builder Process - Full Backyard - San Diego
After years of research, we finally pulled the trigger...
David Peace
Sponsored Products
Aqua-Pure AP110 Whole House Replacement Filter
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™