Help with Sport Pool Depth

sunshelfAugust 29, 2011

I have a 20X40 rectangle pool. I am thinking of doing 3.6 -5 -4 for Sports pool. Is 5' too deep for middle of sport pool? Is the slope too big from 3.6 to 5'. Should I go 3.6 - 4 1/2 - 4? I am thinking that 4 1/2 is too shallow for kids. Would love any suggestions or advice from people with sport pools. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

1) Kids grow.
2) They won't care.

Scott

Bookmark   August 29, 2011 at 8:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zookeeper93

As a mom of 3, when we built our pool in '08, my eldest was 5 feet 2 inches. Our pool is a sock shape, with the heel to toe area being 27 feet long and our sports area. The original specs were 4- 4 1/2 -4. The pool digger was the one who pointed it out to me that the depths were too much to play in. At the deepest point of 4 ft, on a six foot person, that depth will hit them just below the pecs. He recommended 3.5 -4- 3.5. I am soooooo thankful we went with those depths. Our eldest is now 6.1 at 16, our daughter is 5.8 and the youngest is 5.7. It is the perfect depth.
The top of the sock to where it joins the "foot" is the deep end for diving and the torpedo lane. We went with 9' deep.

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 9:35AM
More Discussions
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™