Favourite sites for quilting tutorials and butterfly template

mcpegApril 25, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am a self taught quilter originally using books back in the 80's. Today I scour the internet and YouTube for tutorials.

I found a very good online quilt tutorial spot I'd like to share. Do you have any favourite spots on the internet you go to for tutorials? Or free patterns? I thought it might be fun for all of us to share.

Also if anyone wants that butterfly I'm using from my Great Aunt's collection (that's her template) - I can send you a scanned copy to print and cut out to fix to cardboard to make your own template - just email me. It's a very old design and as far as I know has no copyright on it.

Here's a link to get us started - with multiple tutorials for quilting:

Here is a link that might be useful: Connecting Threads Tutorials

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Email on it's way.....thank you.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 9:47AM
finchelover

I love butterflies so I would like your pattern also. Thanks

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 11:54AM
mcpeg

Hi, please email me through my members page if you'd like a pattern. I have not chosen to have all the additional comments to this post automatically emailed to me - you have to email directly please.

Cheers,
Peggy

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 12:00PM
luvtosharedivs

Thanks for the link to Connecting Threads Tutorials, Peggy!
I added that site to my Bookmarks.

I like to watch Nancy Zieman's demonstrations. She is on YouTube. You can type in her name there and find many tutorials. She also airs on Wisconsin Public Television, showing oodles of sewing/quilting techniques.

Julie

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 8:28PM
mcpeg

Hi Everyone,

I found the second butterfly template which is the next size up. Ran out of steam today playing with the quilts, stacking some wood (needed a break) among other things.

I have my scanner pulled out now for the morning so I can scan them and email them to those who have contacted me. I may try to upload them to photobucket and link them back here so people can save the image and just enlarge the image to print to size.

Thanks for mentioning Nancy - I watched her shows years ago and I keep forgetting about videos online...well duh!

Keep the links coming - we are all at different levels of skillsets so all links are appreciated.

Cheers and nighty night folks!
Peggy

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 9:17PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Thank you, Peggy.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 11:06PM
K8Orlando

If I have a question i either post it here or look it up on youtube. I don't have a particular site i visit for tutorials. Except for Leah Day's free motion quilting demos.

Kate

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 11:48PM
murphy_zone7

I am unable to watch many tutorials because of internet connection (on satellite and buffering is too long) but that is another story. One site that has a lot of videos is thequiltshow.com. You can join for free or a nominal charge for a years membership. It features Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms as well as a lot of other well known quilters. The site is pretty interesting even if you can't watch the videos.
I like the projects link.
Here is the link to the site.
Murphy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.thequiltshow.com/

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 5:25AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™