Where to shop for fountains for my porch?

ratherbesewingMay 20, 2012

I have a little corner on my screened-in porch that is calling out for a fountain. I want either a floor or wall mounted fountain. Some are too ornate-lions spewing water! I am not in Tuscany-just the suburbs! Other that the big box stores, where else should I look?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juliekcmo

Our city has a place that carries concrete cast urns, benches, and fountains. In fact the local garden centers often carry their items. This place is certainly not in the suburbs, but nonetheless has a very large assortment.

Maybe there is something like this where you live.

And in Kansas City, it is a place called van liews. I have the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Liews in Kansas City

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 8:12AM
emagineer

Here is Overstock. If you do find one one their site, search the name and see if there is a lesser priced one. O has such cheap shipping though. I have always had good experience with products and shipping is quick.

Here is a link that might be useful: fountains

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 8:51AM
allison0704

I made one for our front porch/last home. Bought a can of spray rubber (they sell at Home Depot - it's often used on truck beds/floors) and sprayed the interior of a metal planter.. after DH had drilled a hole in the side for the small pump. Went around cord/hole with a water proof silicone (in a tube). Added a few potted water plants and small Japanese glass fishing floats. I did sit the pump on a few bricks (dark so not seen through water) to get the fountain to the right spot. Since it was small (roughly 18" diameter) I took the spray top off fountain and it just shot up a little, a small stream.

Sorry the picture is so small, but it's on the right, metal container on edge of porch:

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:33AM
My3dogs

Are you looking for an indoor or outdoor fountain, where it's in your screened in porch?

Here is a link that might be useful: Indoor on on Overstock

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:57AM
natal

Have you thought about putting the fountain outside the porch where you can still see/hear it?

We had a wall-mounted fountain outside the old screened porch. It would have made a mess on the porch with splashing. Current fountain also sits outside the screened porch.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 10:15AM
dakota01

I had to laugh when I read this " Some are too ornate-lions spewing water! I am not in Tuscany-just the suburbs! "
My last house was very tradional w/a nice bricked/arched from porch.m I bought one of tos ornate-lions to mount on the interior side of the porch.
I never put it up! Never checked to see if it worked So, 13 years later, I've since moved and I've luged this ornate lion wall fountain w/me. I never threw it away as I spent too much money on it.
I live in a small development w/the houses very, very close. My neighbors air conditioner is 20 feet from my side covered patio. It is soooo loud. Yesterday, I cleaned off that old ornate lion wall fountain and put it in a corner of my porch, hoping that it would dull out the air conditioner - it doesn't.
I was suprised that it worked ! But, for now I'm leaving, my ugly ornate lion up - I didnt mount it on the wall I just proped it up againt a flower pot.
There are many, many pretty fountains out there...good luck in your search.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 10:20AM
More Discussions
Why do you decorate?
I'm sure this has come up a million times before ....
anele_gw
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Anyone want a crystal chandelier?
My BIL recently passed away. He had no wife or children....
badgergal
what could make these sheers more modern?
The bamboo roman shade in one of these windows fell...
melle_sacto
Wood filler when sanding isn't possible
My toilet paper holder is attached to my vanity. I...
Linelle
Sponsored Products
Austin Weathered Saddle One-Light Sconce
$65.50 | Bellacor
Chemist's Table Lamp, Antique Brass
Cost Plus World Market
Anderson Leather Sofa - Brighton Sunset Orange
Joybird Furniture
Wyndham Collection Centra 29-inch Bathroom Wall-Mounted Storage Cabinet (2-door)
Overstock.com
Adagio CSR1511 Cascade Springs - Black Featherstone Wall Fountain
SerenityHealth
Red 134702-R 5C Green Wire 100 LED Christmas Net Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
Cocoa My Life 25" Spinner
$375.00 | Horchow
'My Happy Place' Canvas
$10.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™