Jandy Aquapure - HELP!!!

catandsamAugust 27, 2010

Have a 2 yr old salt pool - jandy equipment. White chalky substance was settling in bottom of pool by every return port. Thought it was sand returning to pool so replaced the cartridge filters (only 2 yrs old) but that did not solve the problem. Finally called a pool tech - he came out and said it was due to having calcium buildup in the saltcell. He cleaned the cell with muratic acid/water solution and then realized that the sensor was bad. Replaced the salt sensor in late June of 2010. All was great for about 1 month, then white chalky substance was back again. I took cell out and soaked in muratic acid solution until clean, but this did not fix the problem- still have all that stuff in the pool - it isn't sand because it feels like a powder and cartridges are new. And now I can no longer get a reading on my handheld PDA of the salt concentration in my pool (which is also what happened last time when we discovered the sensor was bad). Any suggestions? I am out of ideas. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Hard water, high pH = salt cell dandruff. It's calcium from the cell's self cleaning. Lowering the pH to 7.3 usually reduces the occurrence and or severity,

Scott

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 10:56PM
molinamitchell_gmail_com

Hello , I`m looking for some help ,instruction really.I just bought a home with acqapure system,but i have no idea how to work it.I was lift no instructions. Could you please help me. Thank you.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 4:09PM
goyom

Aqua pure manual.

http://www.jandy-downloads.com/pdfs/H05675-RevE.pdf

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
New constructions questions
I am new to the forum and new to pool ownership. I...
vpace
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™