Pentair Quad DE and slide valve question...
Hey all... We've got a brand new pool (thank you to everyone here for some awesome info!). We have had water for only a few days and after brushing, it appears the filter needs to be backwashed (pressure is 30+ and water is cloudy). I have conflicting info on backwashing and need some help...
* Pentair Quad DE 60
* 2" Pentair PVC slide valve
* IntelliFlo VS pump
* EasyTouch 8 controls
1. which position should the slide valve be in during normal filtering operation?
2. which position should the slide valve be in during backwashing?
3. does the valve "lock" into the "top/up" position with the little pin?
4. when running the pump at high speed, should the valve get sucked to the down position?
5. should water run out of the bottom valve port when the valve is slide to the "middle"?
6. can someone post a picture of a correctly plumbed system?
Thanks in advance for any help!