2011 March UFO completions

grammypMarch 6, 2011

I couldn't find the thread for March UFOs, so I'll just start another. These just needed binding, and I have one more quilted and hope to get it bound this week. I put these together for the Quilt and Lose Team on Spark People. They sent lots of HSTs and I got 6 quilts made. Three are now finished.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
day2day

You have been busy. They all look great....love the scrappy ones. You did a nice job putting all those HSTs together.

I am not familiar with the Quilt and Lose Team on Spark People. Is that a charitable organization?

~Geraldine

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 6:07AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Boy! You sure have been busy. HST's are so versatile. Great job!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 8:41AM
sunnycentralFL

Your quilts look so happy! They will bring a lot of joy!

Beautiful job!

Gwen

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 9:23AM
grammyp

Geraldine, Spark People is a website that offers nutrition and exercise support for those of us trying to lose weight and improve our health. It has interest teams, sort of like GW has forums. I am co-leader of the Quilt and Lose team. When we reached 500 members everyone who wanted to celebrate sent me HSTs for Project Linus Quilts and/or signature blocks to one of the other leaders for Quilts of Valor. Then I had all the problems with the machine, sent it back, tension problems .... and I'm just now getting them all finished. But I'm sure Project Linus will love to have them anyway.

beverly

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 9:35AM
foxxigrani

Love your quilts, very nice and great work.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 9:43AM
day2day

Beverly, thanks for taking the time to explain.

Sounds great. Everyone wins. The group loses those extra unhealthy pounds and Quilts of Valor and Project Linus gain those beautiful quilts. That's awesome.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 9:56AM
toolgranny

Great job. I think you could make quilts out of most anything. But, they always turn out so pretty. I hope you'll make one for yourself one of these days. LOL

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 10:13AM
grammyp

You are welcome Geraldine. Linda, I have my batik collection almost completed to start the quilt for my bed! DH said he will believe it when he sees it, but it is all washed and laying on top of the dryer. I'm considering washing one more time (it is batik after all) just to be sure it won't bleed. I hope to bring the blocks to camp this year and work on them there.

beverly

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 10:25AM
nanajayne

Beverly, Those are great. Just shows what a little immagination can do. Love scrappy and yours are wonderful. Congratulations. TFS Jayne

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 1:06PM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
My Mom's cross-stitch bookmark
I took a brief break from quilting the last 2 weeks...
quiltingfox
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Wahoo and Thank You
Thank you so much to all that submitted blocks from...
ibquiltn4fun
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™