I'm driving myself nuts! Silgranite Performa or Precis?

abqdebMarch 5, 2013

I've been lurking for a long time and we are closing in on our reno date. I've got the cabinets, counter and flooring figured out and now I'm up to the sink. I want a Blanco Silgranite (thanks to all the tips I've learned here) and I prefer a 2 bowl 60/40 split. So now it's narrowed down to the Performa and Precis. I'm a little confused by the low divide, but I can see the advantages. Other than the low divide and the obvious shape, are there any other major differences that I'm missing? What do you have and can I see a picture please????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

I have the Performa Medium 1-3/4 low divide. The two models have slightly different bowl and overall measurements.
The low divide allows clearance for pot handles and also prevents over flow if the faucet is turned on directly above the divider. I used to hate when water would hit the high divider in my other sink and then get me wet! Here is a shot of my sink

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 12:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abqdeb

Thanks Badgergal! I hadn't thought about the pot handles and water hitting thre divider. Good points!

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™