Pull-out drawer in base cabinet

sail_awayMarch 9, 2013

We're getting new granite countertops shortly (on our original cabinets), and while I have the base cabinets and drawers emptied, I'd like to do something I've wanted to do for several years---get pull out wooden drawers for the two shelves in a 24-inch base cabinet. Any recommendations where I might buy these or what type I should get?

While I'm at it, is there anything else I should be sure to do before templating and/or installation of the granite? Or anything I should be sure to ask or tell the fabricators when they template the counters?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westsider40

Shelf Genie is one name for converting lower cabs to pull outs or roll outs (rots) drawers. Google that and branch out from there. hth

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 11:36PM
tinan

Ikea has them too...

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 12:52AM
tmy_jax

Good morning Sail-Away,

The website below sells them in various widths/heights.

Also, in the lower left panel of the website there are several "Need to know" links that you may find provides some helpful information for your planning.

HTH,
tmy

Here is a link that might be useful: Slide Out Shelves website

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 7:38AM
ailene54

I'm not sure if you have anything in your dead corner. Mine was to small for lazy Suzan. I bought two mesh shelves and put them side by side, on bottom of one I put a spinner, and attached it to bottom of cabinet. On top I put mesh basket, did not attach and made sure I could turn it. In basket is my good processor, George Forman etc. on spinner is electric knife, chopper emerser,DH's grater too. On the other shelf I have a basket on top which is where I keep warranties and manuals,bottom shelf is empty,because to hard to reach. With the addition of pullout drawers in all lower cabinets I also made dummy drawer under sink a pullout for sponges,and made real drawer under cook top. For same kitchen cabinets I have a lot more room and am able to organize better. Enjoy your new kitchen.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 11:06AM
sail_away

Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions and links. I THINK the one tmy sent is what I'm looking for, but I'm checking them all out.

Ilene, Thanks for the suggestion for the corner cabinet. I had a blind corner cabinet in an earlier home, many years ago, where that would have been helpful. However, my one corner cabinet does have a built in, very sturdy lazy-susan type organizer, which I love. I just overlooked this one base cabinet that has never functioned properly, so I want to finally address it.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 1:25PM
karin_mt

Here are a couple more along the lines of what tmy posted.

Shelves that slide - we ordered from them and liked what we got
http://www.shelvesthatslide.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=STS&Category_Code=SS

Slide out Shelves, via Costco
http://www.costco.com/Made-to-Fit-Slide-out-Shelves-For-Existing-Cabinets-By-Slide-A-Shelf%09.product.11262818.html#

Hope those are helpful - happy shopping!

Here is a link that might be useful: shelves that slide

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 11:22PM
sail_away

Yes, it is helpful, Karin. I especially appreciate recommendations to someplace you've had dealings with. i'll check them out for sure. Thanks so much.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 2:42AM
More Discussions
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Dishwasher location
How is the location of dishwasher determined? Left...
ourgeorgiahouse
Tile experts - anyone know who makes this tile
We want to put it on a fireplace wall. I saw it in...
loves2cook4six
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™