Fighting against Foreclosure

dave_donhoffFebruary 25, 2009

Fighting against Foreclosure

Fighting against Foreclosure


A. If your lender has already filed suit to foreclose on your home:

1. Use the first form. ItÂs a fill-in-the-blank legal request to your lender asking that the original note be produced, before it can proceed with the foreclosure. In some jurisdictions, the courts require the original request to be filed with the clerk of court and a copy of the request to be sent to the attorney representing the lender. To find out the rules where you live, call the Clerk of Court in your jurisdiction.

"Request For Production of Document" - Legal Template

"Request For Production of Document" - Legal Template

2. If the lenderÂs attorney does not respond within 30 days, file a motion to compel with the court and request that the court set a hearing on your motion. That, in effect, asks the judge to order the lender to produce the documents.



3. The judge will issue a ruling at your hearing. Many judges around the country are becoming more sympathetic to homeowners, because of the prevalence of predatory lending and servicing. In the past, many lenders have relied upon using lost note affidavits, but in many cases, thatÂs no longer enough to satisfy the judge. They are holding the lender to the letter of the law, requiring them to produce evidence that they are the true owners of the note.

Read LOTS more at the following link!

How to use the "Produce The Note" demand

Dave Donhoff

Leverage Planner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Dave, thanks for the great information. You are such a wealth of knowledge. I hope this will help at least a few homeowners.

    Bookmark   February 25, 2009 at 4:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You guys misunderstood. Gammyt meant the processed meat, thinking this was a recipe forum.

Eventually the lender will come up with something so this really just delays the inevitable. Another tactic is to file a dispute when the bank dings your credit. The credit agency is not supposed to allow a derogatory under dispute. I have a friend trying this for some income property and the credit bureau is saying itÂs between her and the lender. The ding remains. Whether this does anything or not, again, it wonÂt change the ultimate outcome.

    Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 4:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

quote" Dave, thanks for the great information. You are such a wealth of knowledge. I hope this will help at least a few homeowners. "quote

Your an INCREDIBLE asset to this forum. I've learned quite a bit from your replies.

I have a couple of friends and a few families I've built pools for in the pre-foreclosure position.
This is great information that they can all utilize to assist them in their predicament.


See ya,

    Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 2:00PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How do you value a pole barn?
Does anyone have a good rule of thumb for appraising...
An offer to purchase when house not on the market
This has not happened yet, but I want to be prepared. Our...
Exclusive listing?
We are moving out of state in July, therefore need...
What qualifies an offer as a "low ball"?
Hello! Im on the house hunting side of things now! I...
Do buyers prefer table & chairs or island in kitchen?
We are getting our house in order before listing it...
Sponsored Products
From Start To Finish Clothing Care Kit
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
Bronze Lion Fighting Snake Clock
$36.95 | Bellacor
NCAA Notre Dame Fighting Irish Drape
$36.95 | Bellacor
"Namiko" Japanese Fighting Fish Figurine
$6,000.00 | Horchow
University of South Carolina Lamp Shade 13.5x13.5x10 (Spider)
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Raine Ottoman - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
Louisiana State University 16" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Nixon Floor Lamp by Jonathan Adler
$1,250.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™