Polaris Air Blower - PB Question

thejimbarAugust 2, 2012

Thought I heard a "pop" last night when I turned on the spa air blower.

Took a look at it this AM. Model 1-480-02 2hp, 240v blower. Took off top, appears motor is spinning. Remove blower from plumbing and motor runs, but no air coming out bottom of blower. Thermal switch eventually cuts off blower though. Motor issue, switch issue?

Any ideas?

I've already ordered a new unit for $200, but am interested in other comments, perhaps I can repair and keep new one as spare.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Blowers are pretty ubiquitous. The real question is why such a large unit. That size is usually intended for at least eight jets and a lot of distance.

Lets assume they installed a correctly sized original. The replacement brand is not very critical. I happen to use Silencer brand units, not Polaris. It saves money and I haven't seen a loss in reliability.

Blowers are not serviceable. They get replaced.

Scott

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 7:52AM
thejimbar

Thanks Scott. My spa does have 8 jets, it's 8' diameter and is about 75 feet from the spa, so I think it's right sized. I paid $184 for it online so price was OK in my mind. Use spa almost every night, and this is our 6th year, so I feel like I got my $$ worth on the first one. Should be here on Tuesday, already took the old one off and capped the wires. Will be a real quick fix on Tuesday and I will be back in action. Thanks again for guidance and I hope you are doing well.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 6:18PM
thejimbar

Thanks Scott. My spa does have 8 jets, it's 8' diameter and is about 75 feet from the spa, so I think it's right sized. I paid $184 for it online so price was OK in my mind. Use spa almost every night, and this is our 6th year, so I feel like I got my $$ worth on the first one. Should be here on Tuesday, already took the old one off and capped the wires. Will be a real quick fix on Tuesday and I will be back in action. Thanks again for guidance and I hope you are doing well.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 6:19PM
thejimbar

is there an echo in here?

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™