Slope of pool

bhbqxeAugust 24, 2013

Hello,
We are having a freeform pool put in. Average width 15ft X 28ft long. Shallow end 3ft and deep is 6ft. They started the process on 8/22, clearing the sod and digging, right after the hole was dug I thought the slope looked steep. I figured I would let it go and see how the steel looked. They put the steel in yesterday and it still looks very steep to me. There is a large 3 ft deep area and then it appears to drop off to the deep end. I called my main contact, (have not had contact with the project manager yet) and explained my concern and he told me that I will be very happy with it, I would not like it to slope from 3 to 6ft, it's going to be uncomfortable. I'm thinking I don't want it to be shallow and then drop off. My husband likes it the way it is but I'm concerned and don't want them to shoot the shell if I won't like it. I had imagined it the whole time just gradually getting deeper from 3'-6'.
Any opinions about a gradual slope or a larger shallow end and then deep would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bhbqxe

Picture of the slope, the gravel area is the deep end. I

Bookmark   August 24, 2013 at 9:52AM
c9pilot

I have a gradual slope and like it. I remember being in friends' pools growing up and they were more like you describe - shallow, steep slope, deep.
I think it mostly depends on how you're going to use the pool.

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 5:15PM
bhbqxe

They came out yesterday and told me because of the length of my pool it has to be like that. They said it's a 7:1 ration slope and that is code in Florida. They adjusted it a little but insist that when completed it will be fine. Thank you for your input.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
New constructions questions
I am new to the forum and new to pool ownership. I...
vpace
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™