PB wants $7k for a heat pump. That sound outrageous to anyone?

barbjaAugust 25, 2011

In a meeting with my PB a couple of days ago I saw that they charge $7k for a heat pump. Does that sound out of line?

I want to heat my pool, but I didn't expect a heat pump to be THAT much. More like $4-5k.

I would really prefer solar, but I don't have much south-facing roof, and what I do have is hipped, so it isn't so good for solar panels. I'm going to see if they'll install one of those solarattic units.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marta_p

Hi barbja, we were quoted $5,000 for a heat pump. It probably has a lot to do with the size of your pool and location. Our pool/hot tub is 22,000 gallons and we're in New England. FYI - we ended up going with the gas heater as it made more sense for our needs. Good luck!

Bookmark   August 25, 2011 at 11:38AM
cnr1089

I think the physical heat pump costs around $2500-$3500 depending on the size. Electrical work (probably need to bring in a bigger electrical panel), + Labor. I believe ours cost 5k on top of our pool install. I am in New England, and I love that our pool is nice and warm all the time (heat pump runs an hour or so each morning to make up for the nights loss).

Bookmark   August 25, 2011 at 1:40PM
gail618

You should check out poolheatpumps.com. I do not work for them. I did buy our heat pump there and they have great prices. I can't remember who we had install it, but it was not very expensive installation and their prices can't be beat.

Bookmark   August 25, 2011 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™