galley kitchen setup help
OK, so below is the floor plan for our new kitchen. At the top is going to be a door to a porch...B (on thel eft) is a large casement window, on the bottom left is an exterior door to the backyard, on the bottom is a door to a hallway, on the bottom right is a doorway to the dining room, and on the right is going to be a large pass-through we are creating.
I am pretty satisfied with this plan...except where the stove top is. I am dreading this because:
1. People will have to sit on the otherside of the pass-through in front of a hot stove;
2. the exhaust fan will create noise, cutting me off from the rest of the house
3. we spend money to open a hole in the wall and then plop a piece of metal right in the middle;
4. the hood won't work as well since it's going to be pulling in air from all directions instead of a wall mounted unit
5. we have radiant/hydronic heat so where the heck is the make up air going to come from??
I am trying, for the life of me, to figure out where to put the stove if we don't put it there. Due to the amount of doors, windows, etc., it's difficult to find a different configuration. Does anyone have any ideas?
We could put the stove directly across from the fridge, and the sink where the stove is...my partner isn't too ecstatic about the sink in the passthrough/island area though.
Any other thoughts?