Not what they showed me - solar blanket

cookie8August 5, 2011

I went and bought a new solar blanket and before I purchased it they showed me a sample piece that was very sturdy and very flexible. I didn't check what was in the box. Later that night I asked my son and husband to cut it out and set it up, which they did. My husband made a comment about how flimsy and it was. ??? was my reaction. I felt it the next day and it was nothing like what the sample was. I am kind of mad. I called the store to talk to the manager but she wasn't in so I spoke with the person who answered the phone. She told me the quality is just as good. I don't know anything about solar covers except how they work but nothing else. I did know I wanted the stiffer product so rolling it in wouldn't be a major pain, which it is with the new one. Now I am mad because I feel they are just trying to save face. Would I be safe to lecture the manager about retraining their staff to get to know their product because with all the pool stores out there I am done with this one and moving on? Does thickness depend on quality? The one I got is 11 mil. Will it hold in the warmth at night as we get pretty cool here. Thanks.

Yes I am angry with myself too for not being a smart consumer and putting the trust in someone else' hands. So here I am stuck with a PITA cover.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goyom

Take it back?

Bookmark   August 5, 2011 at 8:23AM
cookie8

Even after it has been cut? I wish I would have checked it before my husband cut it. But he if fully capable and doesn't need me looking to make sure he does right and I didn't check before he cut. And I know he thought - well, if this is the one she wants.

Bookmark   August 5, 2011 at 11:59AM
goyom

I am persistent when I am pissed, I would try and make them refund it, and if the manager gave me grief, I would call the corporate office.

Bookmark   August 5, 2011 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™