Approximate cost of pool cage rescreen?

gannetAugust 1, 2010

We're currently shopping for a home in the St. Petersburg/Bradenton area of Florida. A lot of the places we're looking at have pool cages that either need rescreening now or will soon. Can anyone tell me the very approximate cost of a top-quality rescreen? Obviously this is going to depend greatly on the size of the cage and other factors, but let's assume a smallish cage. On the last one we looked at, the property assessor's sketch showed it as 20x43. Just a rough estimate. $500? $2000? $5000? More?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brentr_gw

My screen person charges about $1.50 per sqft to rescreen. Your cost should be 20 x 43 x 1.50 = $1250. We live in Jacksonville. Hope this helps

Bookmark   August 1, 2010 at 8:53AM
lbridges

Square footage of the actual screen panels? 20X43 would be just for the "roof" panels. You would need height for each of the walls, then work up the $$ for those too.

Or a general purpose square foot measured by floor space? In which case "never mind" (with apology to Emily Litella).

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 6:15PM
brentr_gw

lbridges, I think you are correct. I forgot about the walls:(

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 9:59PM
brentr_gw

In any case the screen should be good for about 10 yrs unless you have a good storm......

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 10:01PM
chris06245

Hello readers,
Prices for rescreens vary greatly across Florida but in Central Florida you would find pricing from .70- $1.65 per square foot depending on the quantity of panels, accessibility to spline groove, screen type, size, and spline used. My company usually charges per panel when we are doing a repair and by the square foot for full rescreens. Usually it lands at around $1.00 per sq/ft for 18/14 mesh using Phifer screen which is of higher quality than other products out there.

Advice is always free so please do not hesitate to ask.

Christopher Hansen
CB Hansen Screen Repair LLC
Email: cbhansen@live.com
Mobile: 407.760.0278

Here is a link that might be useful: FB Business Page

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 2:02AM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™