Pool proposal (advice needed please!)
After enjoying your forum for quite some time now, my wife and I have finally decided to "take the plunge", and have begun the process of having a pool installed. After meeting several times with a perspective pool builder, he has provided us with a proposal/cost figure. Below, I have posted details of the proposal, and I am hoping that you can provide your thoughts as to if we are getting a decent pool at a decent price. Also, please feel free to offer any advice you may have about any of the details in the proposal (equipment, payment schedule, etc.) I am looking forward to getting sound advice from people far more knowledgeable than I. Thanks in advance!!!
Construct one Pacific Pools custom Graphex polymer wall vinyl liner Roman end, True "L" shape pool.
Choice of standard vinyl liner pattern.
Pool width and length dimensions of approx. 16 x 28Â x 42Â
Depths to slope from approx. 4Â-0" (3Â-6" of water in shallow end) to 8Â-6" (8Â-0" of water in deep end).
Concrete bond beam, and concrete pool base.
(2) surface skimmers and (2) VGB approved main drains.
Pool coping to be standard aluminum.
Pool will have fiberglass steps approximately 4Â x 8Â built outside the overall pool dimensions.
(1) Stainless steel handrail. (1) Stainless steel ladder.
(1) Pentair Whisperflo 1.5 horsepower filter pump, (1)Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 square foot cartridge filter,(1) Pentair MasterTemp 250,000 BTU electronic ignition pool heater,(1) Nature 2 water purifier with (1) cartridge, (1) Polaris Watermatic chlorine metering dispenser.
(1) Polaris 3900 automatic pool cleaner.
(3) Pentair IntelliBrite L.E.D. underwater pool lights.
(1) Pentair EasyTouch 4 Digital pool control system with (1) wireless handheld controller.
(1) 4Â x 8Â concrete equipment pad.
Electrical from control system to all pool equipment at equipment pad.
(1) Automatic water fill device connected to existing hose bib within 50 Â of pool.
(1)Safety hook with 12Â solid pole, (1) Safety rope float, (1) Test strips, Initial chemicals,(1)Vacuum hose, (1) Vacuum head.
T-7 Diving board with water feed (no light).
(4) Jandy Mini deck jets.
Volleyball/basketball combo set.
Standard excavation of hole, hauling and dumping of fill within 10 miles included. Gravel back-fill.
Machine grading of area around pool.
All pool filtration in pvc piping.
Cover Logix Mesh winter pool cover and winterizing service the first year.
Six Bi-Monthly maintenance visits. Chemicals additional.
Permit costs and associated drawing fees are included.
Gas and electrical feed costs from the house to the equipment pad are included.
Repairs of landscape, driveways, sidewalks, sprinkler systems and utilities will be at the customerÂs expense.
TOTAL COSTS & PAYMENTS
POOL PACKAGE $ 45,550.00 (Tax included)
20% OF TOTAL UPON ACCEPTANCE
30% OF TOTAL DAY OF EXCAVATION
30% OF TOTAL UPON COMPLETION OF PLUMBING INSTALLATION
15% OF TOTAL UPON COMPLETION OF LINER INSTALLATION
BALANCE UPON COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION
WORKMANÂS COMPENSATION AND PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT. EVIDENCE OF SUCH IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.