Rec, for swimming pool co. in Phx.

rockybirdAugust 31, 2011

I am in the midst of a re-model of a mid century home in Phx. The pool was abandoned for 4+ yrs and is in terrible condition. Everything needs to be replaced/redone - pool eq., skimmers, electrical, plumbing, surface. I had bids from multiple co., before I found a small pool co. that I liked. The owner and I brainstormed up some ideas to actually expand and lengthen the pool and get rid of the rounded edges so it fits architecturally with the current home. I really like him and his co., but since I have now gone to the next step of expanding the pool, I wonder if I should get more bids. Any suggestion for co. for a modern pool re-build/re-model? I will probably be back with a lot of questions, as I have never owned a pool and dont know much about remodeling one. I do know I want a salt water pool. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
natural_one

Very cool looking home. Has some FLW inspired lines and textures.
You are indeed talking about a major remodel with some major questions to be answered. Sounds like you're off and running with ideas.

Is this near Clearwater Hills or at least north of Lincoln?

I have a very high recommendation for a company, but would get banned for recommending my own and "advertising". Just do your research on this site for AZ builders, both good and bad. Look for ZERO complaint ROC records, A+ BBB ratings, and referrals. I suggest a pool tour too of the companies completed work. And always seek at least 2 or 3 apples to apples bids and a lengthy detailed contract! Best of luck!

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 6:58PM
airborne101

Well I can post the name. Natural one has some awesome pictures on here, he's a pool builder and he posts advice on here all the time. I just don't know the name of his company, his name links to nrpools.com above. Barb

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 1:49PM
rockybird

Actually, I did call his company yesterday and left my number with a woman. I have not heard back.

The house is in arcadia.

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 2:39PM
natural_one

hey rockybird! I've asked around and no one can recall taking a number Friday. My apologies...maybe try again? Thanks so much! -Tyler

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 1:28PM
houseful

Can't wait to see this one, Rockybird! And they are looking for you over on the kitchen forum. We want to see your progress!! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens

Bookmark   September 7, 2011 at 7:10AM
More Discussions
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™