Pool Survey!! 1)Pic/sketch of Pool 2) Cost 3) Location

iamskcAugust 23, 2014

If you are willing I'd be so grateful. Trying to convince my husband we can get afford a nice pool for the family. Can we start a thread where we post a pic of the pool or sketch/rendering, reveal the final cost, and say what state you live in? I'd be pleased to hear any advice as well.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
just-a-pb

Pool costs very so widely by location, not sure how this would help you convince him.
Talk to local builder.

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 8:02PM
twolabs

Agree with just-a-pb. You can have pools from $30k in one area and it be $75 in another. The best way to is go talk to pool builders in your area.

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 4:18PM
ktm250sx

What area re you in? I'm in Texas and my sister is in Tennessee. I just completed a pool and my sister is getting estimates so I am trying to compare prices relative to Texas for their pool. So many things depend though so it's hard to really compare. Soil is easy to dig locally, some places like Tennessee may have a lot of stone they have to deal with which greatly increases costs.

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 8:23PM
c9pilot

I'm in Florida and there are numerous builders who advertise $25K pools.
What happens is that you want a specific shape, specific finish/color, add waterfalls/spillovers/fountains, etc, automation, certain pavers, and so on, and it turns into a $50K pool. Anything unique about your yard will raise the price - i.e. my backyard is along a seawall so requires a special beam on one side, Also, narrow access in the side yard meant special digging equipment - more back-and-forth trips with a smaller bobcat. Others mentioned the soil and possibility of tough digging. We have a high water table so we had to have a pump sucking water out for days and that got annoying to listen to.

I interviewed no less than a dozen pool builders. I got about 5 real quotes to choose from. The most annoying classic used-car-salesman-type guy had no clue what I was talking about and came back with a design that was nothing like what I wanted but it was only $30K.

We ended up using not the lowest price but one who had references that we knew (friends of ours, it turned out) and a mason sub-contractor that we had used before and really liked. In the end we were out somewhere in the $55-60K range.

Here's a link to the pool design and my blog about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: My New Blue Pool Blog

Bookmark   August 29, 2014 at 11:32AM
angelinamike

When we consider the price of the pool, then there are so many things depend though so it's hard to really compare. In fact, we can say that the pool which is created by you with the help of your friends would be much cost effective than the other one you have created with the help of swimming pool services.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swim Right Pool

Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™