L Shaped Islands....pics anyone?

ponderous1March 15, 2010

I tried searching for L shaped islands but I seemed to get more on L shaped kitchens with an island in them. Anyone have pictures and info on L shaped islands?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tkme4ard

ours isn't done yet (sheetrocking should be this week) but ours is a L shaped with only the one end on a wall the rest of it is all open to the great room. I can't find any pics on google to show you sorry. Mine is just the peninsula, no inner island. similar to but nothing really like it ROFL
http://www.legacykitchens.com/resources/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/renostory_spacioustimeless1.jpg

here it is framed
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tkme4ard/Decorated%20images/janfebmarch2010/?action=view&current=093.jpg

the floor plan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tkme4ard/tkme4ardforgw.png

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 11:20PM
ponderous1

Yeah, I am definitely interested in an island and not a peninsula. But thank you for the info anyway. I will take what I can get.

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 11:40PM
lagrant

Here is mine, HTH!:

Bookmark   March 16, 2010 at 10:07AM
littlesmokie

Bumping this because I am having the same problem: LOTS of info about L shaped kitchens, no info or photos of L shaped islands.

I found one, and you can't even see the "L" very well...

Can anyone else help?

PS In the link below, it may try to get you to register. You don't have to, just click "no thanks" and it'll advance you to the photo. Hopefully :)

Here is a link that might be useful: L shaped island photo

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 11:49PM
sweeby

I have one and like it very much. I chose an L-shape so it could be open to the two surrounding rooms (dining/breakfast and family room, with kitchen in the 'corner' in between). I also like that shape for entertaining, since an L-shape gives more perimeter space for guests and family. (See how many seats Lagrant has?) Also, while the 'guest' side is spacious, the cook's side is compact and efficient, and nicely protected from foot-traffic.

My photos are before everything was done (surrounding space was full of construction clutter) and don't show it terribly well, so I'll also post a floorplan:

Bookmark   March 30, 2010 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™