Please help with kitchen hood decision for Bluestar 48 inch range

DobaMarch 14, 2013

If anyone out there has any experience with Bluestar or the other higher output ranges and has a painted white hood above it I would love to know how it's going for you. I had been planning to order a white wood hood with an insert , but was advised today that I may not be happy in a year or so. I was told that if I use the wok or griddle,the white paneled hood may yellow. I only have 48 inches for the maximum depth and cannot go beyond 24 inches for the depth. I am about start our kitchen reno. and have to make a quick decision. Should I just take a chance or go with a stainless hood with white paneling above. I have 8 foot ceilings. BTW, I live in MD(closer to DC) and am using a custom cabinet maker in PA. I haven't seen him mentioned here yet. I am very happy with him and will post photos as soon as my kitchen is done. He does beautiful work.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
labbie

We don't have white painted hood, but we have a cherry wood hood with an insert. Our Bluestar is 36", and we use the wok at least once a week. We've had it for a few months, and no problem with the wood hood, not sure if the painted hood would be any different, but it seems I see the big cooktops with painted wood hoods quite often.
Good luck- I know you'll love your Bluestar- it's the favorite part of our kitchen.

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 7:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kristen Hallock

jabbie - what size hood and what cfms did you get?

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 11:11AM
More Discussions
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Is glazing stained cabinets going out of style?
It seems like glazing white or cream cabinets is already...
nerdyhousewife
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™