size

mjishernameoJuly 27, 2012

We had pretty much decided on the 16x32 freeform fiberglass pool. It has a 6 ft deep end and 3 1/2 ft shallow. perfect for our needs....I thought. then husband cut a large piece of tarp into exact size and shape and placed on yard.....it looks really small. He is leaning towards bigger....I could go either way...

Has anyone had any experience with this....regret or wished you'd gone bigger or smaller? Share please....thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerseypool

Yes, we went through this. When we originally signed our contract for our fiberglass pool, we went with a San Juan Atlantic (16 x 33), but I was having second thoughts on it being too small, and a pool build is really something that should be done once... so I upgraded early on to the San Juan Stardust (16 x 38). We've VERY happy we did this. Lot's of room for friends and family, and lot's of space to swim the full pool to exercise. Those extra 5 feet really did make a difference!

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 12:50PM
mjishernameo

Thank you so much....We are leaning to the bigger size too...the worst thing would be having a tiny pool after all of this money and hassle. what color did you get?

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 6:21PM
jerseypool

We wanted white, and we're also glad we went that direction. I'm not sure if it's the color, plus direct sun for the entire day, but our water is routinely 85-88 degrees, and we don't even have a heater. It stays this warm through midnight, too. we've had plenty of late-night swims on hot, muggy nights with the colored LED's flooding the pool. Couldn't be happier! Any other questions, just ask away...

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 10:03PM
mjishernameo

Thanks again ! I too, leaned toward the white because I love that clear, sparkling , blue color. But I was outvoted by family and now Im set on the light granite blue. It seems to have more sparkle than the flat blue that I don't like. Im now just anxious to get started. We are going to up the size to 18x37. Ill keep you posted and thanks again for your help.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 8:16AM
More Discussions
Atlantis pool and spa (Magnolia Tx) anyone have any feedback?
Searching for a pool builder and looks like Atlantis...
makingbeacon
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
This is my first post. I'm so excited to get started...
suzfromtexas
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Exceptional Pool Builders who build in Cleveland, OH area?
My wife and I are beginning the design stage of our...
jc_ufl
Sponsored Products
Oxford Savannah Runner 2'3" x 8' - BROWN/RED
$239.00 | Horchow
Couristan Timeless Treasures Royal Rug - 43070300022811U
$299.00 | Hayneedle
Hillsdale Park Avenue 11 Piece Counter Height Table Set in Dark Cherry
Beyond Stores
Micro Cotton Hand Towel
Grandin Road
Satellite Sconce
Design Within Reach
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Siam Silver 5 ft. 6 in. x 7 ft.
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™