Finally, a picture of the super-king
I've finally gotten around to getting a picture taken of this super-king quilt for my step-son and new wife. This was a killer quilt, so big that I couldn't quilt it edge to edge on my frame. I had to figure out a way to reload it in order to quilt the last border.
The quilting was done in time to unwrap it as their Christmas gift, but it took a bit longer to get the binding and label done. Then I had to find time to take it to the laundermat because it's too big for my washer. Finally, today between rain showers I was able to get it outside to photograph it... again, too large for anywhere in my house!
The pattern was one from polardream (Sue) called 9-patch transformation. I used scrappy blacks, whites and reds. I spent all of the last Retreat working on this, and got the top done w/out borders in one long weekend.