Pool Chlorine Tabs

happsJuly 17, 2011

Is there a significant difference between brands of 3" chlorine tabs? It seems like prices vary greatly between brands and pound of containers. I'm interested in a tab that takes a long time to dissolve (slow release). I don't have a swimming pool, but rather a 12ft long by 6ft wide pond that's only 1ft deep. I presently keep the pond clean by rinsing out the cartridge filter regularly, brushing the bottom of the pond to agitate the dirt and then adding bleach and muriatic acid every few days. I know chlorine tablets would be more convenient but I wonder if it's worth the extra $. If anyone has used both methods (bleach vs chlorine tabs) and has any feedback, I'm interested in reading it. Again, this is not a swimming pool, but a very small backyard decorative pond.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

The cheaper tabs, such as those found in big box stores often have copper sulphate added, leave unwanted deposits, and/or are less compressed than those found in most pool stores.

I don't do care for ponds but there are forums for them that might be better suited for answering your care related questions.

Scott

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 5:04AM
More Discussions
Please evaluate my quote for new pool build
I recently received the following quote for a vinyl...
alf87
Obsessing over pool finishes
Hello all, I am looking for any and all advice on pool...
megankheaps
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
This is my first post. I'm so excited to get started...
suzfromtexas
Diamond Brite and River Rok pictures requested
I've been following this board forever, and after years...
styler32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™