Pool Remodel

Phixius07July 21, 2014

I am looking to buy a house in Keller, TX and my wife and I want a pool with a hot tub. I feel like it would be cheaper to buy a house with a pool and then remodel it to be exactly what we want rather than buying a house with no pool and designing and building a custom pool from scratch. First of all, is my logic sound in thinking a remodel would be cheaper? I know the materials can vary, but assuming you were to use the same materials on your remodel that you would if you built from scratch? Is there anything that I should watch out for when looking at houses with pools? Any common pitfall or issues that could prevent me from being able to remodel? Can anybody give me a rough estimate of a price range on a remodel and a new build? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deborah_ps

I live in Palm Springs Ca.
We bought a a home last August that had no pool yet knew we wanted a small one that fits our lifestyle.
A large old tree had to be removed at a cost of $800, artificial grass $3,000, some upgrades that included concrete pads, iridecent glass tile, pebble sheen with abalone (love).
Our pool is small, 10x28, spa and 8x12 baja tanning shelf. The cost was close to $39,000.

A friend has an older pool plaster pool...no spa. Their quote to add one a few years ago was $25,000.

Much good fortune finding your new digs!
Deborah

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 12:54PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™