Pool Remodel

Phixius07July 21, 2014

I am looking to buy a house in Keller, TX and my wife and I want a pool with a hot tub. I feel like it would be cheaper to buy a house with a pool and then remodel it to be exactly what we want rather than buying a house with no pool and designing and building a custom pool from scratch. First of all, is my logic sound in thinking a remodel would be cheaper? I know the materials can vary, but assuming you were to use the same materials on your remodel that you would if you built from scratch? Is there anything that I should watch out for when looking at houses with pools? Any common pitfall or issues that could prevent me from being able to remodel? Can anybody give me a rough estimate of a price range on a remodel and a new build? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deborah_ps

I live in Palm Springs Ca.
We bought a a home last August that had no pool yet knew we wanted a small one that fits our lifestyle.
A large old tree had to be removed at a cost of $800, artificial grass $3,000, some upgrades that included concrete pads, iridecent glass tile, pebble sheen with abalone (love).
Our pool is small, 10x28, spa and 8x12 baja tanning shelf. The cost was close to $39,000.

A friend has an older pool plaster pool...no spa. Their quote to add one a few years ago was $25,000.

Much good fortune finding your new digs!
Deborah

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 12:54PM
More Discussions
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
Diamod Brite pool color photos
PLEASE!!!! Need to see finished pool pictures with...
Braden Taylor
Atlantis pool and spa (Magnolia Tx) anyone have any feedback?
Searching for a pool builder and looks like Atlantis...
makingbeacon
AquaShield pool enclosure
I have AquaShield pool enclosure for less than two...
aquashield2
Transition between two DiamondBrite colors
Trying to figure out best way to do this. Will be doing...
jscozz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™