Geotechnical Engineer?

jscozzJuly 19, 2012

Has anyone on here used a good geotechnical engineer in central/south Jersey for soil analysis?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

For the most part, in our area, most of the soils are pretty stable with little movement.

Cutting into a hill is the biggest concern though heavy clays, high water tables and non-virgin soils sometime come into play.

Check with the township's engineer/inspector and ask what he's seen in your area or development. He'll help you find the ones that that are good in the area.


    Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 7:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks, Scott.

I wanted to have someone that I could call if I needed to after the dig. I doubt I will encounter any issue, but just in case.

I dug a couple test holes in the area of the pool... one was perfectly sandy soil down to 5 ft... and the other hit a solid white clay patch at about 4 ft. I am hoping it was just an isolated pocket. But just in case it is not, I don't want to have to scramble at that point to find an engineer.

    Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 4:48PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™