Average cost of gunite pool

twingleJuly 9, 2013

What is the avg cost of a gunite pool? I live on Long Island a suburb of NYC. Here most people seem to have vinyl lined pools. The only gunite pools I've been in have scratched your feet. But the gunite pools on this board are beautiful. Im really impressed with the tanning ledges, deep water benches and built in slides. Very cool. I'm just wondering if they are really expensive and thats why they are not common. An avg 20 x 40 vinyl pool here is @ $30,000. Thats without the deck surrounding the pool.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LLVV

On LI, plan to spend at least $45 - 50,000 for gunite. Ron Gibons is a very popular gunite company on LI. My mom works for a high end landscaping company and a lot of their customers use Gibons. Take a look at their website. They have some really pretty pools.

If you are looking at a free form style pool, you can get something very similar looking with vinyl. A way to make a vinyl pool look like gunite is to use natural stone for coping and patio work, add in a water feature, and choose a really nice liner that mimics common gunite colors (i.e. teal is a very popular gunite color).

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 4:15PM
twingle

Thanks! I found it interesting that gunite is so popular on this forum but not so popular on LI.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 6:32PM
LLVV

I think it's more popular in northern Nassau than anywhere else. I wonder if other areas of the country have to use gunite due to weather/temperature issues. A lot of my daughter's friends have pools and we have yet to encounter a gunite pool. I think backin the 80s my half sister's mom was building a gunite pool in East Northport.

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
blue stone pool deck
I live in Utah and am building a traditional east coast...
holly6
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™