Binding: what I have learned so far this year....
1. My binding corners could have 'snouts' and most certainly have nostrils....but, the nostrils should be facing the same way and sewn closed. I had been allowing them to face whichever way they looked good. Some I sewed closed and some I didn't. Now I know the real story!!!
2. My eyes are not good enough to sew the binding on as in the recent tutorial. Couldn't even see the bobbin thread used to sew the binding to the back of the quilt. But since it was the small Twister Wreath I was practicing on, I completed to practice all the way around. What a bunch of wavy backward blanket stitch seams! I used the same fabric for the border and binding....a lot of white and of course, white thread.
I will continue to put my binding on as I normally do....sew on the back, bring to front and designer stitch it down. But, I will take more notice of the corner nostrils. lol