The generosity of quilters stikes again!

cannahavanaMarch 26, 2011

Here in East TN, we had a tornado touch down in a community about 40 miles south of Knoxville. My sister lives in Greenback, but was fortunate to have been missed by the devastation . A LQS there is gathering quilts for those who have lost their homes. I haven't had the opportunity to visit the shop, but will hopefully remedy that soon!

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/163364/2/Quilters-help-bring-warmth-to-Greenback-tornado-victims

Here is a link that might be useful: Article

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing.

Donna

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 11:50AM
smokiescrafter

I too have a planned visit to the little quilt shop in Greenback.. for over 25 years I lived within just a mile or so from where this devastation hit...
Of course the shop was not there then and now I live about 35 miles away in Sevierville, but I will visit her and see what I can do.

Haven't been on the board in quite and while, refound the link and it is sooo good to see lots of familiar names still around and new ones too... I will try to visit much more often now that I am no longer a member of the working force and have some time to sew...

Jacke

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 11:24AM
lafonda_ranch

I'm fairly close to where that happened as well and loved this story they showed on the local news. Unfortunately, I haven't been quilting long enough to have any quilts to donate, but think that is a great gift people are doing. right now, we've had some chilly weather, so a warm quilt would be a nice treasure.

Robbi

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
My Mom's cross-stitch bookmark
I took a brief break from quilting the last 2 weeks...
quiltingfox
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™