Top of BQFH finally finished!

msmeowMarch 22, 2014

BQFH = baby quilt from h**l! LOL This pattern is rated as beginner, but I have had more trouble with it than anything I've made in recent years! I did more sewing stuff wrong than you would believe. Some things I even sewed wrong twice! But it's finally together. I'm putting the backing together now. Hopefully I can get it loaded on the frame this weekend and still meet my goal of finishing it this month.

Here is the photo from the pattern. Mine sure looks different, doesn't it?

The pattern makes a double size quilt so I scaled the blocks down from 18" to 12", which then meant I had to do the math to figure out the pieced corners and side triangles. That was the easy part - it was the sewing that kept getting me! LOL

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nannykins

Really like your version!
Theresa

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 12:50PM
quiltingfox

I think yours turned out really well, quite a lively pattern.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 4:04PM
quiltnhen

Whatever happened, I like it! It's very snappy and I'll bet Mom and child will love it.
LindaB/CA

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 5:22PM
jennifer_in_va

Changes & problems, or not, and I still think it turned out GREAT!!!

Sometimes we just get those projects that want to kick our butt! Good to persevere and get it done!

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 9:41PM
nanajayne

The finished produce looks great and I bet your glad it is almost finished. We have all had moments like that and appreciate when it is over. I like your version better then the original and I am sure the child will as well. TFS.\

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 9:59PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Wow, Donna! ConGratz on getting it finished to this point. It should be smooth sailing from here on out, eh? BTW, you really should put a different name on the label other than BQFH. lol

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 10:50PM
toolgranny

That turned out wonderfully. You can be proud of that one. It's a gift that will be cherished.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 11:21PM
littlehelen_gw

Love it,,,bright, cheerful, perfect for baby!

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 4:11AM
day2day

It looks great. I like your version. Congrats on staying with it and getting the top finished.
TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 7:45AM
msmeow

Thank you, everyone! LOL, Sharon! That will just be my private name for it. :)

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 7:42PM
calliope

Beginner? I don't think so. I'd hate to see what they'd call an advanced pattern. It's precious and worth your effort.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 10:11PM
loisflan

Donna, I'm sorry it was the BQFH, but it's a really great quilt. Babies love bright colors. Cute focus fabric. Your persistence really paid off. My next quilt is on point. I've never done one before. We'll see if that one's the HQFH (husband's quilt from h**l).

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 12:28PM
msmeow

Lois, I'd never seen an on point quilt that wasn't square before - that's what caught my eye.

Calliope, it really is pretty easy - just squares framed with rectangles and then with HSTs. I think I was somewhat burned out from working so intensely on my Celtic Solstice for so long, plus trying to hurry through it.

Whatever the reasons, it's on the frame now. I'm going to quilt an all-over design of loops and meanders, then bind it with the gray to calm it down a bit. :)

Donna

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 3:29PM
msmeow

Here it is, finally complete! Woohoo! When they decide how they are going to spell the baby's name I can make a label for it. (The quilt, not the baby. LOL)

Here's the backing:

And a closeup of the quilting:

The baby's due in June.

Donna

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 8:25AM
ritaweeda

Oh, my, it came out great, also the backing. But also oh, my, so many triangles!! And on point to boot! I've done ONE quilt on point and it was diamonds and never again. Never. But I did get it done and it's a beauty, but again, never again.

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 8:56AM
nannykins

Amen and hallelujah!
Theresa
PS it is beautiful!

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 9:21AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Now, how in the world can you even think about calling this the BQFH?? I love your loops and meanders.....and like the gray binding, but sorry to tell you this, I can't see any color toning this one down.......but that is not a problem, either. lol

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 10:18AM
rosajoe_gw

I love it! and still forget to make labels lol! Babies love such bright vibrant colors, so why did they stick us in pastels when I was growing up?

I visited our nursing home and, IMO, the residents are treated very well. Everyone knows everyone. They have a beautician that does manicures. One lovely lady had a very pale pink shade on and I complimented her on the color. She told me she didn't like it, the color was too bright for her lol. Another told me her favorite color was beige.

It didn't matter anyway, I wasn't allowed to paint my nails, only a floozy did that lol!!!!! Thank goodness times have changed.

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 10:31AM
bev2009

What a beautiful, cheerful quilt for a baby. It had to make you happy while you were sewing it.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 8:04AM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™