One Year later.......finally some finished photos....(DFW)

jenno_txJuly 5, 2010

It has been one year since our journey began and I'm finally back to share some final photos! Thanks to everyone here for the advise and especially emotional support.....this process proved much more trying that I ever imagined and I do not want to go through it again anytime soon! We had some hiccups and issues but over all the PB was pretty good about resolution.

Since my last post we have had the existing patio capped in oklahoma flagstone, replaced the back fence and stained the fence, landscaped (do it yourself obviously) and just tried to get everything back in order. :)

Some of you may remember my grief over the mortar color...our PB ended up coming back, draining the pool down some and removing the old grout and regrouting with Buff colored mortar. MUCH better!!!! But oh what a MESS that was..... They also replaced a few stones. All in all I wish I could say I'm thrilled with everything, but I'm not. I'm picky by nature but there are just things I feel very unhappy with still. I'm forcing myself to move past that and am THRILLED it's over, and happy to have a pool for our family and friends to enjoy!!

Please share your thoughts!!

A link to my original thread with construction photos:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0717442530949.html

Here are the pool specs:

Pool

32' long, 21' wide down to 15' wide

Depths: 3.5' - 5.5'

462 sf

95 linear feet

14,438 gallons

Flagstone beach entry / tanning ledge approximately 11'X11'

2hp/2sp Jandy Stealth pump

60sf Jandy DE Filter w/ Valve

Aqualink w/ PDA PS-4

Polaris 280

Aqua Pure Salt Kit

2 deck jets

2 bubblers in tanning ledge

Oklahoma Flagstone

NPT Himalaya waterline tile (HLMULTI

Himalaya Multicolor 6"x6")

Stonescapes Mauve Mini Pebble finish

488 sf 2 color rock Texture / skins pattern concrete

486 sf existing patio capped in oklahoma flagstone with a step down to the pool deck

Spa:

8' irregular shaped spa raised 18"

faced in square/rectangle millsap

6 jets

Tiered spillway

Laars 400K BTU gas heater

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenno_tx

Cannonball!!!

View from inside:

Our mallard guests from a couple of months ago. These 2 stopped by a few times.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 3:04PM
andtrevmommy

Beautiful!!1 Love the entry and reef. How do you like the color of the water and the stonescapes bottom. Is it smooth? We are thinking of the same.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 4:07PM
jump427

i like the old grout better... just kidding. the place looks awesome. love the beach entry and the stone work around the hottub.
next project- outdoor kitchen- perfect corner on the left side (from the pool)where you have that storage box and grill. make it L shaped for counter space and to hold a small fridge.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 1:40PM
terriolsen

I love it! Your colors are just like mine... even indoors! What color did you use for your concrete? did you use an alternate color release agent? what pattern?

I ask because I am remodeling my pool and will have a new concrete decking poured. I was going to just stick with brushed but I love the way yours looks, so I'm totally reconsidering... please give me details!! thanks!

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 3:31PM
paradigmdawg

Looks great Jenn. I have slways been a fan of your pool since we went through the process at the same time.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 4:02PM
jenno_tx

Thanks, terriolsen! I'm going to have to ask my PB what colors were used on the deck......I know it was a 2 color powder release with some sort of skins stamp, not sure the exact pattern......I'm VERY anxious to seal it after seeing hwade's gorgeous pool and deck:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg010104021225.html?63
I REALLY like the stamped concrete and have been pleased with it! Let me get with the PB for more details hopefully!

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 5:57PM
famoffive

I am in TX also and wanted to let you know I am a huge fan of your pool! I am in the pool building process now, and I am modeling my pool after yours. They just finished our gunite yesterday, and are starting tile on Monday. I am using your same tile! I am anxious about it because looking at the pics in the NPT book, the tile looks nothing like yours, but it is gorgeous in your photos. So, I have faith the it will be perfect!

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 4:29PM
R-E-O

Hi:

I'm considering mauve for our pool and had a quick question for you--is there any green in the water color at all? What color blue would you describe the color? Darker than tahoe blue? Lighter than midnight blue?

Thanks,

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™