Loungechairs for tanning ledge??

havinanotherin2010July 23, 2011

Hi all,

I spend way too much time on here as our pool is to be ready to swim in this week and we're having a birthday party here next weekend. And so it begins...

Looking feverishly for low sitting lounge chairs for the tanning ledge (12" deep), maybe a small table for it too, good floats that I can get shipped here quickly, etc...

Any must haves or things that have worked for you and your family or for gatherings???

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nielsens2001

I was looking all over for some and stumbled across some nice looking plastic adirondack chairs at Home Depot. They came in a few colors and were $14. They sit nicely on our baja shelf which is 18", about 6" of the chair is underwater so these may work for your shelf. I wanted plastic vs metal and they have been a great find.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 12:46AM
havinanotherin2010

Great! Are these lounge chairs or do they have ottomans or something with regular chairs? I saw where someone posted that they used these but cut off the legs to get the height they wanted in the water. I've seen some online that look great too but are out of stock so waiting for an email notification...(but they were very expensive and wouldn't want to cut the legs off!)

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 12:13PM
goyom

Not sure where you live, but the Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart in the Houston area all carry PVC colored adirondack chairs that are simple to adjust by cutting the legs.
Check the garden section.

They run $15 for adult sizes and $10 or so for kids.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 4:33PM
rice_rocket

I bought a couple of those PVC Adirondack from Home Depot for $10 a chair on closeout. Not sure if they list them online.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™