Pool depth advice

jsipes79July 27, 2014

We are installing a pool that is 41' by 24' lagoon shape. We want plenty of room for volleyball and have a deep end of 5.5' to 6' deep for a slide and feet first jumping. We were thinking start out at 3.5' deep and gradual slope over 25 feet long to 4.5' deep for the volleyball section and then drop from 4.5' deep to 5.5' deep or 6' in the last 16' of pool. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ktm250sx

That sounds pretty good to me. We just finished filling up our new pool with water today. It's about 40x18 of swimming area with spa on the rear center and a fairly large ledge on the front center. Our pool depth is 4 feet to about 6 1/2 - 7 feet. Our last pool was 3 1/2 - 6 but our kids are older (10 & 13) now so went a little deeper. I'd say ours slopes off gently from 4 feet in depth around 15 feet from the edge and we are very happy with the slope they did. We are also absolutely thrilled with the way our entire pool turned out. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 11:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zookeeper93

We built a large shallow end for volleyball and play in our pool that is 3.6 to 4 to 3.6 and it is perfect. It was great when our kids were younger for play and it is perfect now that they are over 6 ft when they play volleyball or just hang out. .
Our pool has a separate diving area that is 9 ft deep. Because we wanted both features, the pool is long (to allow for torpedoing from a dive) then the wide shallow area. However, the drop off between the two areas is very steep. It would have taken a lot more room to have made it more gradual.
This shot is not the best angle to show the length.
We also put umbrella holes in the deck to hold the volleyball net across the pool. Make sure yours come with caps. We had to retrofit ours and they stick up, which is bad when you stub a toe on it.

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 8:30AM
More Discussions
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
Remounting aluminum track for a cover in a salt water pool
I've got a CoverPools automatic cover for my saltwater...
nick_shirley
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped...
suzfromtexas
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Sponsored Products
Possini Euro Geneva 16" Wide Crystal Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Round Resin Madison Planter - A114080
$59.99 | Hayneedle
Sand-Etched 'Trust Me' Stemless Wineglass - Set of Four
$29.99 | zulily
WBM Himalayan Lamps Ionic Crystal Sun Globe Salt Lamp (8-10lbs) 1451
$32.22 | Home Depot
WBM Himalayan Lamps Ionic Crystal Natural Salt Basket Lamp - Tall (9-11lbs)
$23.95 | Home Depot
3-Piece Breakfast Pub Set - White / Marble - D1022
$198.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™