Houston pool design construction?

kymberleeeJuly 24, 2013

Hubby and I are thinking about getting a pool, has anyone heard of Houston Pool Design Construction ? Thanks!

This post was edited by kymberleee on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 13:55

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glhernan

I am also in Houston and looked them up under BBB. I may call them for more information. I hope you get feedback on them as I am also interested!

Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 8:53PM
kymberleee

Thanks for responding!
I tried calling and leaving a message but haven't received a call back yet, I also couldn't find many reviews..hmmm ?? If you find anything or get any feedback please share ;) thanks!!

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 5:45PM
womanowned

I haven't heard of them, but there are a ton of pool builders out there. Buyer beware...get recommendations and make sure they pay their suppliers and vendors so you don't get liens filed against your home or get left with an unfinished pool. If they aren't answering phone calls, I would take that as a big reason to proceed with caution. If they aren't returning phone calls now, what will it be like when they are building your pool?

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 9:56AM
MD131016

I can't suggest a good pool contractor, but I can tell you DO NOT use Passion Pools. Hired them on a referral. Sub-standard work, materials. Will not complete work. Lots of promises, no results.

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 11:24AM
ggdtexan

Anyone had dealings with Reed's Pool Service in Sugarland, TX?

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 6:16PM
JungleGeo

We are using Houston Pool Design Construction to build our pool. David, the owner of the company, has been very responsive and great to work with. After meeting with multiple pool salesmen during the selection process I appreciated DavidâÂÂs down to earth, no nonsense approach. He openly laid out the pricing and was happy to discuss all the various options.
All buyers are different, I prefer to go with the factual, no nonsense approach, tell me the options and I will decide. Most of the dealers I met with were using more of an emotional approach, and trying (very hard) to upsell all the various options.

The key seems to be to find a builder you trust and you are comfortable working with. Best of luck finding the right builder for you new pool

Bookmark   August 11, 2013 at 12:48PM
kymberleee

Thanks everyone!!

I never did get a callback from Houston pool design but
I think ive narrowed it down to 2 choices... Mckinney pools or premier pools. I hope im making the right decision. I have to say Im a little nervous because of all the horror stories ive been reading.

Bookmark   August 24, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™