Please help - pebble tec colors (Houston, TX)

davesozaJuly 1, 2012

We are trying to decide on a pebble tec color. We thought we might like Tahoe Blue but we saw a pool and the shallow steps and seats looked brownish and we did not like the look. I'm thinking that Blue Lagoon might be an option but am hoping to get help here. Any pics and comments appreciated. We want a darker natural blue water. Not green and not brown. If you're in the Houston area, maybe I can swing by to take a look... Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigdav160

I do not own a pool, yet.

But I have looked at hundreds and my impression is similar to yours. Colored finishes look muddled and off color. I haven't seen one I liked yet.

I'm going to use white marble plaster.

YMMV

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 6:34PM
c9pilot

You might take a look at the pictures in my blog from building my pool last year. I have Blue Lagoon with Shimmering Sea and I love it, although it is not exactly the Windex Blue I was hoping for......most of the time. Angle of the sun throughout the day and throughout the year changes the color dramatically. I did avoid the brown and green I did not want, but the shades and tones of blue actually clash with my tile at times. If I had to d it again, I would go with a contrasting tile vice trying to "bring out the blue".
Our city water is very green, so white pools here are greenish-blue, not blue blue.
I've been meaning to post more recent pix, will try to do so in the next few days.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blue Pool Blog

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 8:26PM
MikeG715

My pool is Tahoe Blue....

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 8:05AM
paradigmdawg

Ours is Tahoe Blue too. I love the color of it and how different it looks depending on light conditions. I don't really see a brownish color when looking at the shallow water on the steps.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 12:06PM
Dawnsternaz

We went with Aqua Blue in Pebble Sheen. It sparkles more than the Pebble Tec tahoe blue. I will try and post a pic once water is in it tomorrow.

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 4:08PM
ShannaS

Dawnsternaz - we have chosen not only the same color of PebbleSheen but it looks like the water line tiles are the same. Is it Newport Blue? They start digging the hole tomorrow so I am looking forward to seeing your pictures with water in the pool!

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 7:41PM
Dawnsternaz

Not it's Aquarius Deep Cobalt Blue. The Pebble Tec guy did tell us, hopefully he is being honest that the Aqua Blue tends to last quite a bit longer than many other tec and sheen colors.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 10:32PM
ShannaS

Dawnsternaz: They started digging the hole today! I hope it looks as good as yours. What is the name of your profile on your cantilever edge? I really like it.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
I will answer pool plaster questions
For 23 years I was in the swimming pool plaster industry...
poolplasterexpert
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
AquaShield pool enclosure
I have AquaShield pool enclosure for less than two...
aquashield2
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
This is my first post. I'm so excited to get started...
suzfromtexas
Pool Heater cycles on/off incessantly
I have an older Hayward H406 heatmaster heater and...
drkwoods
Sponsored Products
Henri Studio Murabella Flatwall Garden Fountain
Lamps Plus
Fork Floor Lamp
Lightology
Fresca 84 Light Oak Double Bathroom Vanity w/ Cabinet & Vessel Sinks
Hudson Reed
Daytona Sofa
| Italy Design
NoTrax Door Mats Portrait Green 36 in. x 48 in. Rubber-Backed Entrance Mat
$77.28 | Home Depot