Survived the Flood!

quiltpartnerMarch 2, 2011

For any who have seen our city on nat'l TV, we were fortunate to have come out of this mess pretty well unscathed. Altho we were totally surrounded by water,clear up to the foundation, we only ended up w/a few inches in the garage. Took the whole day to empty it out, clean it & everything in it before putting it all back. We still have the garden shed to do, but we can't get there yet! Maybe tomorrow:( Tired & sore today, but it could have been SO much worse!

DH got his picture & an interview w/the Assoc Press in front of our house! :) SO glad it was him & not me!! We had stopped for a lunch break & when I saw who was outside, I stayed in:) Yes, I am the smarter one! LOL

Please keep the prayers going up for the rest of the city -we had flood waters first, there are still others dealing w/rising waters & then cleanup. Such a mess! While we all want spring, the resulting rains & snow melt-off can wreck havoc!

~Cindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nannykins

Spring can't come soon enough for most of us but it does bring unexpected and unwanted events. Hope everything gets better
Theresa

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 8:31AM
teresa_nc7

Cindy, I thought I remembered that you live in Findlay. So glad to hear it wasn't too bad for your home. I think I would have been really uneasy being surrounded by that much water. Take care!
Teresa

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 8:54AM
day2day

Glad you are okay. I'm yearning for spring but,as Theresa pointed out, it can cause unexpected problems. We often forget Mother Natuire can sometimes be unforgiving.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 8:57AM
toolgranny

I watched that mess on TV but didn't see Jim. Guess I was tuned to the wrong station. I'm so glad you made it through without any more damage. I sure hope this winter gets past us soon.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 9:54AM
lafonda_ranch

We had some pretty bad rains here as well. I'm glad you didn't have any big damage and are safe.

Robbi

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 11:46AM
magothyrivergirl

Glad your flooding was minimal. It is a mess to clean up.

The weather has been very strange this winter for us on the East Coast. Very violent and 50-60mph winds 2 times in a week.Very damaging. The tree & roof companies are happy:)

Two weeks ago, we had out of control brush fires ( very unusual)then uprooted trees crashing onto houses and roadways. Hail, wind, thunder storms during snowing--but luckily we here have dodged the heavy snow this year.

Spring brings flooding here as well.....but compared to other parts of the world, I am not complaining.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 12:12PM
lola99

I'm so glad to hear that your family and your home were spared. The pictures of downtown look bad.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 12:14PM
petalpatsy

How scary! I bet you never look at rain the same way. Good luck with the shed.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 7:24PM
grammyp

I'm glad you are ok and the house didn't flood. Fortunately I have never had to clean up after a flood. But it may make me think about digging a moat around the house.

beverly

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 10:40PM
K8Orlando

Glad everything with you is OK! We have had to deal with floods when we lived in Fargo, ND and in Louisville, KY. VERY scary and VERY messy.

Kate

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 8:15AM
benken

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse, Cindy. My daughter has friends living there, associated with the university, who had to evacuate their apartment. Fortunately after a few nights with friends, they were able to go back to very little damage. The Maumee is running very high now too, but nothing like Findlay has to deal with so often. Will keep you all in our prayers for a speedy clean-up and minimal damage.

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 8:54AM
lindaoh_gw

Cindy, I hope you will stay safe and dry. I heard we are supposed to get heavy rain this weekend.
Linda OH

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™