Help picking Stonescapes mini pebble color!

tammywJuly 30, 2014

I'm reading the nptpool.com brochure and I definitely don't like the picture of the "green" finish which looks REALLY green, and almost algae-like to me. But we chose aqua/turquoise glass tiles along the water line, and red sockeye stone coping. I'm hoping for more of a turquoise blue pebble finish.

This is the tile we put in - in the Essence color 1x2:
http://www.nptgonline.com/tile/essence#

When you click on the "eye" of that link, it shows it with an earthy coping color - ours is earthy/red.

I know Tahoe Blue is one of the most popular choices. The Tropics one looks okay, but my husband does NOT like the extreme colors of the red and green pebbles in that. There is also Caribbean Blue, which I know is lighter.

I'm afraid that some of the more aqua colored versions (Jade, Irish Mist, Emerald) will be too green. I really like more of an aqua/turquoise, but in the brochure it says that colors with green in them will show more green, and am afraid of an algae-looking green.

I'm also wondering about the samples for Aqua Blue, but the plaster looks a little "too bright of a blue".

Any thoughts? This is our first pool.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ktm250sx

We were going to go with the Stonescapes Tahoe Blue but I decided I'd rather have Wetedge Technologies and switched. The Wetedge Satin Matrix Northshore Caribbean was installed yesterday on our new pool and while it doesn't have water in it yet we absolutely love the color of the Northshore Caribbean. Stonescapes is very nice also and my pool builder likes it a lot. I have a neighbor with it but not 100% sure of the color but it looks great. If I find out the color I'll post.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 12:11PM
tammyw

Thank you ktm. I asked my pool builder about Wetedge and he said they don't do it anymore, because the owner of the company died and he no longer knows anyone who does it.

I saw a friend's pool today and it was Tahoe Blue. I feel pretty safe going that direction, because it had a nice rich color without being too dark or too light and it did have that touch of turquoise / aqua that I'm looking for. I think we would be safe doing that.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 8:21PM
homer100_gw

We went with Stonescapes Midnight Blue and absolutely love it. Search for my thread "New pool in St. Louis". It should be on page 1 or 2

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
Remounting aluminum track for a cover in a salt water pool
I've got a CoverPools automatic cover for my saltwater...
nick_shirley
New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston
Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped...
suzfromtexas
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
Sponsored Products
Unilume LED Slimline 19 Inch Undercabinet Light by Tech Lighting
$172.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Shag Pink 8 ft. x 10 ft.
Home Depot
Peacock & White Bars Throw Pillow
$29.99 | zulily
VIG Furniture - Renava H7 Modern Dark Patio Set - VGHTH7-BLK
Great Furniture Deal
Square Black Granite Stone Bathroom Vessel Sink - KIAMA SHADOW
Living'ROC
Kellie Clements Simply Chic 3/4-inch Room Darkening Cellular Shades: Solids
Blindsgalore
KOHLER Jetted Bathtubs Tea-for-Two 5.5 ft. Air Bath Tub in Almond brown
Home Depot
Ria Natural Gold and Brown Jute Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™