Grlswprls: is this the kitchen you're redoing now?

deedlesMarch 9, 2013

I was doing a search for tall pantries next to fridge and I came across this. Lo and behold, it was your old? kitchen? Is this the one you are redoing now or did you move? So cute!

How did you like your tall 18" deep pantry on the side of the fridge? Was it for food storage and did you find it a good depth or too deep?

Here is a link that might be useful: grlswprls kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grlwprls

Ah, sadly - that was my labor of love house in New Orleans and we sold it (in less than a day and for full asking price) in late spring 2012 after we took a new position in Little Rock, AR. My Little Rock cottage has actually turned into Labor of Love II and in a lot of ways, I like this house better!

I actually liked the pantry; it might have been a smidgen too deep, but I have a "system" of standard pantry things I buy so I know what is there all the time and things don't "get lost". I don't bake, so most of what I store in my pantry doesn't really have freshness dating. You can lose a random can of tuna for a few years before it becomes an issue :-)

Originally, the pantry was supposed to be a broom closet, but I ended up using a wall in the laundry room for the brooms, etc.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Horizontal uppers
Has anyone designed or installed horizontal uppers...
tigger9759
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Granite Install Advice, Which Support System is Better?
Which of these two mechanical support systems would...
athomesewing
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™