Beatles baby

new2quiltingMarch 4, 2012

I had 2 16" panels left of Beatles fabric that I used to make a tote back when this came out. I'm trying to "shop in my stash" more, so I made this baby quilt for a Beatles loving mom out of one panel and some leftover fabric. Since the fabric wasn't really quilt shop quality I wanted something soft for the back and bought a pretty yellow flannel. My first time working with flannel and I really pinned it, probably went overboard. I did straight line quilting with a walking foot.

Also found this cute Beatles yellow submarine shirt at Target for the 3 year old big brother to be. The flap flips up to show the Beatles inside the sub. I would have bought one for me if they made them my size!

Still have one panel left and a bit of fabric, not sure who'd get that one though...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

It's perfect! Charming, fun, bright --- all the good stuff! The t-shirt is adorable and I would buy one too!

Have you thought about making a tote for yourself with the remaining panel and fabric? That could be really cute. Not as great as a t-shirt with a hidden panel, but pretty cool anyway. :~))

Kate

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 8:23AM
toolgranny

That's really special. I've never seen a shirt like that either. They will be so pleased. I love the colors.

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 9:47AM
tuppermom

How cute is that! I just bought some Beatles fabric yesterday to add to my collection. My DD loves The Beatles so I will eventually make her a quilt.
TFS
Mary

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 10:26AM
rosajoe_gw

Really cute tee and I love the quilt! very creative!
Rosa

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 1:33PM
nanajayne

I would never have thought of it but it really turned out very nice. I bet any child would go crazy over it and never even know who the Beatles were. lol. The shirt is adorable. I know MOM will be thrilled as well as the children.

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 3:09PM
day2day

Cute tee.

I would love to own the quilt!
TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 3:26PM
loisflan

What a great baby quilt. I love the big yellow star. You are very creative. And you used your stash too. Good job!

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 4:16PM
lafonda_ranch

How adorable!! How about a pillow to go with it? My ds received a handmade quilt with matching pillow when he was born.

Robbi

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:56AM
magothyrivergirl

Absolutely the most unique gift -- and the best quilt ever!
Mommies are often left out of the gift giving when new babies arrives. She will undoubtedly know how special this Beatles quilt you made is for her new baby. The T shirt for big brother is perfect.
You win the prize for best gift!

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 10:23AM
missflippins

So cute and so well done! What a unique gift for a special mommy and big brother.
Best wishes, Corinne

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 12:37PM
new2quilting

Thanks all! I totally could have done a pillow and often have given a matching one with leftover scraps! I gave it to her on Sunday and she liked it and big brother liked having a present of his own to open (even if it was clothes). A few of the women looked at me and said "You made that?!" I was like, of course :-)

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 5:48PM
faintheart

Love this quilt! The matching shirt for big bro is such a cute addtion too.

Dee

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 11:35PM
More Discussions
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™