Another faucet question

olivertwistkitchenMarch 2, 2013

I am intrigued by some of the functionality of the Kohler Karbon - especially that you can point it somewhere and leave it there. I am also intrigued by the spray that is neither pull down nor pull out.

However, I don't like the hefty price, or the star trek-esque quality of it. And I really don't like that joystick handle that is separate.

Is there anything else out there? Something I can point to the corner of my sink and leave there hands-free?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldbat2be

Almost two years into our remodel and I am still in love with the Kohler Karbon. I love the joystick! I do not have the hafele foot pedal at this sink (as we do at the prep sink) and it is very easy to maneuver the joystick with dirty hands (spatula, heel or back of hand, wrist, whatever). This faucet is in the middle of three large windows and we used the D shaped Silgranit sink and there was not enough room to center the faucet over the sink. This one, fit to the side very nicely. Feedback from fellow GWers is what sold me. The looks... were a factor for maybe a day as I was considering. The price... was hard to swallow, but money well spent. Again, 2 years later, I still smile daily when I use the faucet and continue to marvel at the functionality (it's just intuitive!).

Plus, it's fun to photograph!!

Best, oldbat2be (#1 KK fan)

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 9:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olivertwistkitchen

oldbat2be, what soap dispenser do you have with it?

Is the water pressure low like I've read?

Is it hard to reach the joystick all the way in the back? (will my kids be able to reach it?)

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
How to view older (undamaged) Gardenweb threads in Google cache
I’m posting this to create a link to refer people...
mudhouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™