New Pool Build - Omaha, NE
I've pretty much picked my PB after 4 bids. Now I just can't decide where I need to push on construction or options. I only have so much room so going with 20X46 rectangle as I really would like Diving (kids want 10yo and 8 yo) and volleyball (mom wants). I'm not going crazy but plan to build with some upgrades, stamped/colored concrete and coping, etc...I sit up on top of a high hill and my back yard is a retaining wall, so it will look a bit like an infinity pool. Thus here is my pool build if any of you have suggestions, things I forgot, things I shouldn't do, or can answer my line item questions for this pool rookie. Thanks!
1) How deep would you do for diving? Right now I'm at 8.5ft.
2) My PB says at 8.5ft then I need 29 for deep end and 17 for shallow. I really want 20ft for volleyball. If I look at the ANSI standards it appears that I only need 23ft for 8 ft deep, 25.5ft for 8.5 deep. Thoughts?
3) Vinyl Liner Pool. I'm still undecided on dark blue or tan. I've been reading on these forums and can't really tell if the dark blue really saves you that much on heat. Contract says 28 mil. I saw some posts that 28mil on wall and 20 mil on bottom. Do they really make those?
4) Wall System - Galvanized Steel, Steps - Steel liner covered / Pacific
5) Filter 30" Sand, Pump 1.5HP, Heater 400,000 BTU, Propane, 2" Schedule 40 PVC Skimmers - 2, 4 Returns, 2 Bottom Drains
6) Pool Lighting 300W Clear - 2
7) Mesh Winter Covers 5X5 stapping
8) SWG - I hear this is the best on these forums for ease of maintenance. We always on the go and will pay for ease. However, not good with soft stone, etc.. If I do concrete coping, am I ok?
Options: Any of these you are happy with or not? Glad you upgraded?
Cartridge Filter $500
Variable Speed Pump $800
Heat Pump $3,500
Auto Cleaner Dolphin M4 $1,100
Frog Mineral System $550. I read Don't do this as it adds metals and leaves stains
Delta UV System $1,000. I read these are not worth it for outdoor pools?
Extra pool light 500W Clear $700
Diving Board $1,200
Colored Ladder / Handrail $300
Custom Steps & Bench $3,000. Right now the drawing shows corner steps and the bench extends the length of shallow. Do people find benches useful? Will they get used? I was debating steps in the pool (that take up my shallow end space) vs steps outside of the pool rectangle coming in.
Pentair Easytouch $2,500
Laminar $1,700 each
Pentair Water Jet $500 each
Volleyball Set $600
Baseketball Set $850
Thanks everyone! I'll keep posting pictures and how the build is going.